Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Rebelatheart's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I know there are multiple threads where people posted chat transcripts where they were told Nov 16th was the release day. I did the same thing to see what I would be told, and was told "we cannot, say, but sometime in Nov".

    Its officially posted, so no more questions or doubt are needed.

    http://lenovo.7eer.net/c/159229/2188...ad-tablet-2%2F

    I am excited.

    I wish it hand a dockable keyboard similar to the Samsung and Asus Win 8 x86 tablets, but 11.6" seems to be too big and hefty to use primarily in "tablet mode". Something lighter and thinner than the iPad seems to be a perfect tradeoff for a smaller screen...for me anyway.
  2. PuckCowboy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    220 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Great news... Im excited to check it out too! Next question will be where can we buy and / or check it out in person.

    I think at the Microsoft Store pre-order info page it said something about Staples being a seller. I hope they will have it in store to try out.
  3. RTS2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckCowboy View Post
    Great news... Im excited to check it out too! Next question will be where can we buy and / or check it out in person.

    I think at the Microsoft Store pre-order info page it said something about Staples being a seller. I hope they will have it in store to try out.
    Yeah, I'd like to know this too...
  4. Rebelatheart's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    The Thinkpad 2 page on Lenovo.com has removed the Nov 16th date, and now says "Coming Soon" again. :mad:
  5. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,105 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebelatheart View Post
    The Thinkpad 2 page on Lenovo.com has removed the Nov 16th date, and now says "Coming Soon" again. :mad:
    Happening with a lot of Atom tablets. No idea how Samsung have managed to ship atom tablet when so many others are having so many problems.

    Still waiting for my Asus Vivo tab or HP Envy X2, who knows when those will actually ship in here Europe. If they can't get them out this year i will do something silly and buy new iPad.
  6. PuckCowboy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    220 Posts
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Just checked Microsoft's store again and the Thinkpad Tablet 2 is showing a ship date of 12/31/12 now!!! Of course the one tablet I had interest in gets pushed into the new year :(

    Sad.
  7. sketchy9's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PuckCowboy View Post
    Just checked Microsoft's store again and the Thinkpad Tablet 2 is showing a ship date of 12/31/12 now!!! Of course the one tablet I had interest in gets pushed into the new year :(

    Sad.
    Like everything else Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 related, this is turning into a debacle. MS COMPLETELY revamped their flagship OS, their main cash cow, their main raison d'etre, in order to be compatible on tablets. Ok....where are they then? The OS was RTM'd weeks ago, and it was available to consumers 2 weeks ago. All with no tablet hardware in sight other than their gimped, locked-down Surface.

    I was super excited to get a Thinkpad Tablet 2; instead, Lenovo continues to churn out a bunch of odd, specialty items (the Yoga?? Really?). If it won't ship until 2013 then MS deserves every bit of criticism it will receive, and every dollar of lost profit to Apple and Google will be justified. Perhaps more than Sinofsky needed to lose his job over this.

    -R
  8. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,105 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchy9 View Post
    Like everything else Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 related, this is turning into a debacle. MS COMPLETELY revamped their flagship OS, their main cash cow, their main raison d'etre, in order to be compatible on tablets. Ok....where are they then? The OS was RTM'd weeks ago, and it was available to consumers 2 weeks ago. All with no tablet hardware in sight other than their gimped, locked-down Surface.

    I was super excited to get a Thinkpad Tablet 2; instead, Lenovo continues to churn out a bunch of odd, specialty items (the Yoga?? Really?). If it won't ship until 2013 then MS deserves every bit of criticism it will receive, and every dollar of lost profit to Apple and Google will be justified. Perhaps more than Sinofsky needed to lose his job over this.

    -R
    I'm pissed about the late release date of the likes og Envy X2, Vivo tab as well, but ATIV Smart PC (that i don't personally care for) with Atom has been out for couple of weeks already.
    Some of these other atom tablets being late seems more like a supply problem from Intel or hardware manufacturers focking it up.

Posting Permissions

";