Which should I get? Samsung 500T or Microsoft Surface RT?

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
So I've nailed it down to these 2 options.

Samsung ATIV 500T 64GB; Intel Atom; Windows 8, Keyboard dock and stylus included.
vs
Microsoft Surface RT 64GB; Tegra 3, Windows RT, Touch Keyboard Cover.

The differences between the 2 in terms of cost to me is $50 (more for the ATIV 500T).

I don't know which one is the better buy and will be better in the long run... I don't need to install legacy windows applications, tho having the option is not a bad thing.

Main uses are: Internet Browsing, Media Consumption, Email and light Excel/Word use.

My 2.5yr old toddler will be using it once in a while to play games or watching video so the device needs to be fairly robust.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I've decided to go the Surface RT route. As much as I would like the Windows 8 tablet, having the simplicity of the RT appeals to me. I have my main PC at home that I will use for all my main tasks. I feel the 500T is like a cheap netbook/laptop that won't last a year, whereas the Surface with RT is a media consumption device and is exactly what I want it for.

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if anyone should get an RT device at this point. I say get an Atom windows 8 tablet, save for an Intel windows 8 tablet, or wait for something else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3