- 12-10-2012, 12:22 PM #1
I finally relented and bought a Nexus 7, despite loathing Android for a long time. I have to admit it's very well done and an exceptional value at $249 for 32 GB version.
That said, I would have been happy to buy a Win RT tablet... but I don't want or need a huge 10-11" tablet for $600. I'm also a bit concerned about the lack of apps right now and where that's going.
If someone makes something similar in quality and price to the Nexus 7, only running Win RT, I will buy one in a heartbeat. Who's with me?
- 12-11-2012, 10:24 AM #2
apps are becoming less and less of an issue. The minimum res for W8 is WXGA in order to take advantage of all the features. That would be pretty tight on a 7" screen, and doing metro snap would not be very practical.
- 12-11-2012, 10:12 PM #3
The Nexus 7 has 1280x800 resolution. WXGA is 1280x768. Maybe you meant 1366x768?
I think that would work fine on a 7" tablet, but if they wanted to bump it up to 8 or even 9" that would be OK by me. I just want something a bit smaller, lighter and cheaper than the current crop if Win RT tablets. I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I bet by the second or third generation we will see a nice selection of form factors. I like my Nexus 7, but I would love to be able to replace it with a Win RT tablet with a competitive selection of apps in its marketplace. I'm patient though and I have faith its coming.
- 12-19-2012, 09:09 AM #5
I have no budget for entertainment devices. My hybrid tablet has Win8 Pro, 128 GB storage and runs like a champ. Not the fastest thing you ever seen but it gets the job done for my purposes. I have a total of $330.00 invested in it.
- By Hammered Pizza in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 11Last Post: 02-25-2013, 01:45 AM
- By Eirenarch in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
- By KingCrimson in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 56Last Post: 10-20-2011, 04:34 PM
- By kallemia in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 48Last Post: 10-06-2011, 04:17 PM
- By psychotron in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 09-29-2011, 06:35 AM