Just received my HP Envy 2, wow what a nice machine

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I just received my HP Envy 2 machine and it is very nice. Great build and smooth as glass. Can't wait to put it thru its paces.

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Wow that sounds nice!

I myself am looking into buying the x2, but I have a few questions that you (maybe) can answer?
First off, how is the battery life? Is the 12-14 hours true? How does it stand in real life usage?
Secondly, have you tried to use it with a stylus? I can't get a clear answer anywhere, whether you are able to use wacom-pens with the machine, or you have to buy something else to make it work.
It has an inbuilt active digitizer, right?

Thanks in advance :)

Mikkel.

contributorM

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Let us know how it goes. I'm always wary if HP products. They really to skimp on the quality.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Is it the HP ENVY x2 11t-g000? That's the only one I saw on HP's site with a name close to what you mentioned.

I am also interested to see how you it like it. I have a 4-year-old HP laptop, but I'm looking at getting a Lenovo ultrabook. I might reconsider HP, though.
[h=1][/h][h=1][/h]

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought 2 of the HP Envy 2 machines. Go to youtube or HP on youtube and search for HP Envy 2 windows 8 machines, there are a ton of reviews and videos to view. I really like this machine as it is both a laptop and a tablet. You just push a button and remove the stand alone tablet. It has a metal casing and has a high quality build. I can do regular work in the office using it like a laptop then after hours I may go to a coffee shop and just take the tablet with me minus the keyboard. Nice to have it act as both.

csiguy1

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
PS I have been getting plenty of OS and App updates so it looks like that Microsoft and the App developers really want to make the Win8/tablet market a success.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Secondly, have you tried to use it with a stylus? I can't get a clear answer anywhere, whether you are able to use wacom-pens with the machine, or you have to buy something else to make it work.
It has an inbuilt active digitizer, right?

It has build in digitizer, but it's not yet clear what. Though it's definitely wacom you want in there. N-trig is horrible compared to it, even with much more horsepower (like on Vivo Tab).
Not getting clear answer from HP and them not showing that pen capability at all on videos made me buy Vivo Tab that comes with good wacom pen in the box.

Andrewbachle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to let you know about a deal I received as an IU student that is open to the general public as well for those of you wanting to purchase an HP laptop/tablet.

Coupon Code: CAMPUS178
$100 off HP PC’s (orig. $699.99+)
Must first register for free at: hpdirect.com/academy/Microsoft

Offer combinable with instant rebates and HP Academy pricing. Expires on 3/23/13.
Coupon code: " CAMPUS178 "

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3