Anyone here have hands on with the W700?
    01-25-2013 07:06 PM
    I personally don't own one but I do sell computers so I have used it first hand and its one of my favorite tablets to recommend. It has a great solid aluminum build quality, fantastic 1080p screen, and a decent 6 hour battery life as most reviews claim. My only gripe is the dock is a little chintzy, cheap feeling and so is the Bluetooth keyboard, but the case that it comes with is nice. Its also nice that it has a usb 3.0 port on it as well. My major issue with it and why I didn't get it is because its an i3, there's nothing wrong with the core series except for the fact that they don't get good battery life, I mean this is one of the core tablets with a longer battery life, most of them get around 5 hours. I personally bought a tablet with an atom and mine gets around 8 hours and is thin and light with no fan. The i3/i5/i7 tablets need fans so I feel that they are rather big and bulky, this one being the case. Its not hugely heavy or anything but I'm retty sure its a good 2.5-3 lbs and feels significantly heavier than say, an ipad.
    01-28-2013 11:18 AM
    I'm getting the i5 I think.... But its really between this and the surface pro. I'm really torn.
    01-28-2013 12:29 PM
    I have the Acer Iconia W700 and the Surface RT. I plan to pick up the Surface Pro. Here's my quick take on the W700:

+ Battery Life is good. It lasts all evening after I get home from work.
    + The W700 is fast. It scores as fast as comparable ultrabooks, minus the 3d graphics performance of course
    + Comes with a nice flip case
    + Best intel based, 11.6" windows 8 tablet currently available (the ATIV Smart PC has quality issues so I returned it, plus it's mad expensive)

- I think all first gen Windows 8 Tablets need a keyboard and mouse (dock or touch cover) due to the lack of touch friendly apps
    - The included keyboard doesn't include a trackpad. You will need to buy a mouse.
    - Out of the box WiFi issues
    - No stylus pen
    - No SD slot
    - You may find the W700 a little heavy
    Last edited by WindowsTabletTv; 02-06-2013 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typos
    02-05-2013 07:23 PM
    Thanks for that! I ordered my W700-6691 last night, and I'll be posting here and in my Acer W700 thread in the correct forum!

Does the Acer still respond to stylus pen input the way a Surface tablet would?
    02-05-2013 08:37 PM
    After reading the many (new) Surface Pro reviews, and seeing the battery life estimates consistent across the board, I'm leaning more towards the w700.
    02-05-2013 10:24 PM
    Can you point me to those reviews?
    02-05-2013 10:49 PM
    After reading the many (new) Surface Pro reviews, and seeing the battery life estimates consistent across the board, I'm leaning more towards the w700.
    Wow. At less than 4 hours, the battery life on the pro is a show stopper for sure. Ouch.
    02-06-2013 12:18 AM
    Can you point me to those reviews?
    Microsoft Surface Pro review
    Microsoft Surface Pro review | The Verge
    Microsoft Surface Pro Review: Too Much Future?

I think the best options right now is a new Acer W700 or a used Acer W700 (if you don't have the money for a new one). :)
    02-06-2013 12:21 AM
    Microsoft Surface Pro review
    Microsoft Surface Pro review | The Verge
    Microsoft Surface Pro Review: Too Much Future?

I think the best options right now is a new Acer W700 or a used Acer W700 (if you don't have the money for a new one). :)
    Yeah I think I agree about the w700 being the best choice. I wish I knew when/if the updated model they showed off at CES was coming out. I'm not a big fan of waiting for the next better model, but if it's just a month or two, in this case it might be worth it.
    02-06-2013 12:51 AM
    I own a W700 - the model with an i5 processor and 64gb of memory. For my purposes, 64gb is quite comfortable since I don't install stuff like Photoshop and I save my photos to the cloud (dropbox, skydrive).

The battery life is very good and the thing comparable to a full fledged PC.

The screen is good but 1080p resolution is tiny! Good thing there's the micro hdmi out...
    02-06-2013 03:56 AM