7" Windows RT tablet like Nexu s7

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Recently I read somewhere that Microsoft is open to making 7" tablets or even other sizes, wherever the consumer demand is. Now obviously 7/8" tablets are popular as seen in the Kindle Fire lineup, iPad mini and of course the Nexus 7. So when do you expect a 7" Surface RT to launch? If it is priced reasonably like less than $300 then I'll jump on one. I hate Android but the Nexus 7 is such an excellent unparalleled device. It is easy and comfortable to hold in one hand in bed and watch movies, it has a 720p HD display and it is cheap. But the Android basically kills the overall experience. I believe this is a huge market that Microsoft should really get into so that consumers can see how good Windows devices actually are by buying a cheap small device. $300 would be the ideal price point. It would be cheaper than the iPad mini but have enough money to fit in quality parts like the VaporMg casing. A next generation Xbox handheld tablet that is 7" would be simply epic and I would lay down even $500 for it.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It would be nice if MS were to tap into the 7" tablet market. I too have a Nexus 7 and really like it. It has basically replaced my BB Playbook which I've given to my kids to play with. Here's where my concern lies. Just like the Playbook really struggled to gain traction, so too would this smaller MS tablet unless it's priced very competitively and MS' app ecosystem vastly improves.

snaqvi91

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Personally I dont really care about apps except for some basic ones like Facebook, Twitter, 9Gag, Stumbleupon, Skype, Tapatalk, a robust video player and a powerful web browser. I'm sure Windows RT as it stands satisfies all this. The only concern would be about messaging apps and that concern is shared with Windows Phone as well. Messaging support simply is not good enough. But at least with a tablet it wouldnt matter as much.

I can just imagine running Windows RT on a VaporMg encased 7" tablet and my mouth is already watering. Epic sounds like an understatement.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The only road block is that currently a lot of metro apps will not work on 720p screen, especially anything plays video. They require 768p minimum.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_246 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes