HP Envy X2 or Samsung Ativ 500t? About to pull the trigger

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Amazon.com currently has the lowest price for this device - $599.

You'd have to use an external CD/DVD drive that would plug in to the USB on the dock.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
i was sold on the envy x2 but reading around the reviews their (engadet, cnet) complaining about the atom processor making it slow and being expensive for the price point and their saying theres better more powerful products and cheaper do u guys agree is ur envy x2 sluggish or slow with the atom processor?

I still think I did pretty good, 629+tax for 128gb model

where did u get that from?

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I still think I did pretty good, 629+tax for 128gb model

Just got mine for $449 from Staples Brick and Mortar. They honored a coupon code for $75 that rang up as $150 off their already low price of $599.

Personally I don't have any issues with the Atom processor at all. It's excellent at what it does.

People just need to be realistic - it's not going to perform like an Intel Core CPU but you're getting double or even triple the battery life.

It's also nothing like the Atom processors of old, it's a dual core chip running at 1.8GHz - not a slouch in my book.

If anything I think the 2GB RAM is more of a bottleneck factor but it's limited by the CPU architecture so it's the max you're gonna get.

If you're not setting your sights too high with these then you're going to be pleasantly surprised - I find it multitasks very well considering.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Arggghhhh! So pissed that they dropped the price lol, I guess its one of the problems with being an early technology adopter...

still, I haven't had any WiFi issues though.

as per what dead wrong said, I think the atoms are fine. When cnet and those guys reviewed the envy x2 they might not have had the new bios firmware and atom driver updates because I have noticed a huge difference since I updated them. The atom does get a little sluggish when running some x86 apps and mine might start lagging a tiny amount when I first unlock the device But overall there is hardly any lag and the device runs very smooth.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine for $449 from Staples Brick and Mortar. They honored a coupon code for $75 that rang up as $150 off their already low price of $599.Personally I don't have any issues with the Atom processor at all. It's excellent at what it does.People just need to be realistic - it's not going to perform like an Intel Core CPU but you're getting double or even triple the battery life.It's also nothing like the Atom processors of old, it's a dual core chip running at 1.8GHz - not a slouch in my book. If anything I think the 2GB RAM is more of a bottleneck factor but it's limited by the CPU architecture so it's the max you're gonna get.If you're not setting your sights too high with these then you're going to be pleasantly surprised - I find it multitasks very well considering.Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
$449 wow is there anyway we can get that deal

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
$449 wow is there anyway we can get that deal

I think I lucked out to be honest and the coupon rang up as double. I checked the bottom of the receipt when I got home and it said the coupon code expired in 2011!!

The best deal around at the moment is the Staples online order with the $75 off coupon bringing the price down to $525 - which is still an incredible deal for this device TBH. See this post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...18725-hp-envy-x2-$599-amazon.html#post1912192

Better jump on it quick though - I think that deal expires tomorrow (sure I read that somewhere in the fine print)
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss