Questions about the Acer W510

JWAR1976

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I have been offered the Acer W511 (W511 same as the W510 but with 3G) from my mobile provider at a low cost & I was wondering if any users of the W510 can answer some questions for me please ?.

(1) View flash based video from various streaming sites like Sky Go, Al Jazeera & Sports streaming sites either in SD or HD quality ?

(2) Play Flash based Facebook games like Candy Crush. I am not a big PC gamer as normally stick to console gaming, but do need my Candy Crush fix when away from home. ?

(3) The ability to install software such as Cakewalk, so that when it is in tablet mode, I able to read the sheet music on the screen, whilst I am playing instruments. ?

(4) Occasional use of Office & Printing ?

I am not too fussed on the ability of multitasking & would only be doing a single thing at any one time, unless of course I am on Facebook or using Skype or other chat client to send messages. Or on Facebook & wish to view a video that someone has posted.

I know that the Atom has it's limitations with regards to certain things but I was wondering if this tablet do the above things or am I better off getting another device,

Many thanks to any one who can advise :)

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't own that tablet, but I can answer your questions anyway :)

(1) Yes, that will work

(2) That will probably work

(3) You can install any windows since it's full windows 8, just be aware of the hardware requirements for the software.

(4) Printing will work great, but office isn't included (I think) so you will have to buy that or use the web version on SkyDrive

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the w510 - without the 3g

Answer to all questions - anything that can be installed on a PC can be installed on the w510, because it's just a PC in a tablet body.
For the battery life alone ,this device is great. 9 hours of continuous HD playback. Normal usage gets me days before recharging. Planning on getting the dock to double the battery to 18 hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism