Windows Tablet v iPad Mini

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
4 weeks ago I made the jump from an iPhone 5 to a Lumia 925 via a 520 and 920, I am loving my 925 and wouldn't go back to an iOS device.

I'm now thinking about whether I should make the same move with my tablet. I currently have an iPad Mini and I've been looking unsuccessfully for a Windows tablet that is close to the same size, weight and price. It seems that this tablet doesn't exist.

Does anyone know if there is anything coming down the line that could fit the bill?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Here is recommendation: If the iPad mini does everything you expect out of it, stick with it. I used to have one and really liked it. The only reason I got rid of it was because I wanted one device instead of a laptop and tablet, and the Mini can't accomplish that. I could go on and on about what each does better, but I think my first sentence summed it up perfectly.

One last thing: there isn't enough compatibility yet between a wp8 phone and a windows 8 tablet for that to make a difference. Once we see shared apps and better talking between the two with things like music, then that might make a difference.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that's probably good advice, thanks. I've been used to working with an "ecosystem" with the iPad and iPhone but if the compatibility isn't there yet between Windows devices then it defeats the purpose of switching.

It's a shame really. Hopefully MS will move things on soon.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that's probably good advice, thanks. I've been used to working with an "ecosystem" with the iPad and iPhone but if the compatibility isn't there yet between Windows devices then it defeats the purpose of switching.

It's a shame really. Hopefully MS will move things on soon.

They may have a common app store by July next year based on a Microsoft PowerPoint slide that is on the internet. That said, that still doesn't mean we will see any common apps right away or at all. I do hope this happens though!

skja

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yes just as what was said earlier,if iPad does everything You need then don't change just yet until wp8 and windows 8 work better together, I do recommend the iconia w700 well at least for me I never used the laptop as much as I use to and liked my bb playbook as my tablet but was missing windows and full laptop functions so with the iconia I get full windows plus a 1080p screen and everything my laptop could do except DVDs but already had an external DVD drive for if ever needed even tho not many people use them any more but yup that is my personal opinion if u want one unit and not different electronics taking up space

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
From my personal experience, I would keep your ipad mini if you're happy with it. I got rid of mine, thinking I could use my Surface as a consumption device as well. Yes, it can do books, movies, games, etc, But the form factor, battery life, and comfort/size of the mini are factors that can't be replicated in the Windows market yet. Unless we see a really nice, high-end 7-8" W8 tablet in the next month or so, I'll be purchasing another mini.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99