AMD: First True Mobile Tablet

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: AMD: First Tablet

I have a tablet with an AMD processor. And yes, it was designed for mobile computing (Netbooks). AMD C-50. Of course this chip is a bit dated now. Newer chips are more powerful and have better power management.

Bob Shiska

May 13, 2013
Visit site
They said that with Hondo. Then they said it again with Temash. I think I've seen like 3 tablets with either of those chips in them. Let's see AMD actually get the chips into tablets, and have them go head to head with the new Atoms first.

I've got a 2+ year-old E-350 based laptop that's about 20% too slow to always be liveable. I'm still waiting for AMD to actually give their low-end chips that 20% bump, or for Intel to match AMD's graphics.

Buren06

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Temash looked very exciting last year in terms of gaming power. Shame that noone used it, at least in the US. Hopefully this is an improvement over that, and that people actually put it in some devices.

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: AMD: First Tablet

I have a tablet with an AMD processor. And yes, it was designed for mobile computing (Netbooks). AMD C-50. Of course this chip is a bit dated now. Newer chips are more powerful and have better power management.

I also have an AMD C-50 tablet, the Ionia W500! It's quite a good processor I must admit with surprising graphics performance.

And your signature's grammar should say they're as in they are, not there fyi ��

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SimcolCross