HP Omni 10 Opinions?

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You're comparing oranges to broccoli...

Breaking em down, let's go with the screen

There exist a few 1080+ options on Windows tablets right now...

1920 x 1080 is a 16:9 aspect ratio.

The HP Omni 10 is 1920 x 1200. This resolution squares the tablet with a more iPad-like aspect ratio. While the increased real estate on such a small screen is appreciated, the dullness of color is not. The Omni's panel is TFT with FRS and it shows. Til using an IPS panel, I could never quite grasp what the commotion was about. Rest assured, it does make a difference. Also, the eeMC storage is only 32 GB (not enough). eeMC is also slower than more traditional flash storage.

The next option within the 1080 pixel range, using Windows proper is the Venue 11 Pro. Color production is on point but a 10.8 inch screen will only allow you to do so much. The removable battery and optional keyboard dock make it my-go-to option at this point despite costing an additional $100. Keyboard dock is an extra $130.

The best designed tablet is the Nokia 2520. Thin, light, and comfortable to hold. It's pitfall is the that the 2520 is running Windows RT.

The Surfaces are just too thick.
The Asus T100 has an unacceptable screen. I will NEVER buy a machine with a 1366x768 screen again. At this point, that resolution is inexcusable.
The Venue 8 is just too small to use Windows proper.

If you have an MS store near you, I suggest you take a look.

Also keep in mind there are Quad HD and Quad HD+ screens hitting the market now and more in early 2014. While not true 4k or Ultra HD, the PC manufacturers are multiplying the low end of the original HD specification by four.

Hence, "Quad HD". I see some potential lawsuits arising from the confusing terminology but the agricultural industry has been getting away with this "all-natural" sh!t for years.

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Have to agree with everything Gawker just said but just to add with the Quad HD thing like the Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 has it suffers from less battery life and don't forget about the problems of scaling.

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Here in France there is a great discount which enables us to get the HP Omni 10 for around 250 euros, delivery and taxes included which is a very good price.

That's the main reason I just bought one. It will replace my old HP Touchpad with android. I hope I will like it although it doesn't drain crowds like the surface does in this forum :)

cyberden

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The actual experience is pretty decent in my opinion.

Build quality is good, screen is good even if there are sometimes some strange flickering. The tablet is very snappy and nice to use from my point of view.

Software is sometimes not as stable as it should (crash when I first use the back camera) but not that bad.

On the other hand, the connectors are poorly placed at the bottom of the tablet and they're are virtually no specific accessories.

Overall, for the 250 euros it's a steal comparing to other offers at that price.

You can see this video for more information : HP Omni 10 Review (english) | tabtech - YouTube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap