Ipad 2 moving to surface Rt or Surface 2

jakoky

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, i am looking for any and all advice/opinions. I have been using a WP for 2 years and currently have a nokia 520. Love my windows phone and will never use anything else. I have a an ipad 2 (for about 2 1/2 years) and also have a kobo tablet which runs android ( hate android)...I want to purchase a windows tablet and am definately leaning towards a surface, just unsure of whether I should get the RT or the surface 2. I have finally had the opportunity to try both out but unfortunately not side by side.

I actually have the RT on order from the shopping channel (I am in Canada) and it is the 64 GB version and comes with 2 type covers (not sure why) and the mouse for $449. From trying the RT it felt like it was on par with speed with my ipad and I actually prefer the screen of the RT over my ipad. I am struggling with deciding if i should cancel the order and go with the surface 2. So many reviews on the RT are not good, but yet so many user reviews are very good. Just wondering what the thoughts are here, and all opinions are welcome. The surface 2 I would only end up getting the 32 GB as the price is higher, I just want to make sue I make the right purchase. Of course being in canada, we are not seeing the prices that are being offered in the US for the upcoming Black Friday. Thanks for anything you can tell me, I appreciate it. I am very excited to gift my ipad to my husband and move over to the windows side :)

Kris Simundson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, i am looking for any and all advice/opinions. I have been using a WP for 2 years and currently have a nokia 520. Love my windows phone and will never use anything else. I have a an ipad 2 (for about 2 1/2 years) and also have a kobo tablet which runs android ( hate android)...I want to purchase a windows tablet and am definately leaning towards a surface, just unsure of whether I should get the RT or the surface 2. I have finally had the opportunity to try both out but unfortunately not side by side.

I actually have the RT on order from the shopping channel (I am in Canada) and it is the 64 GB version and comes with 2 type covers (not sure why) and the mouse for $449. From trying the RT it felt like it was on par with speed with my ipad and I actually prefer the screen of the RT over my ipad. I am struggling with deciding if i should cancel the order and go with the surface 2. So many reviews on the RT are not good, but yet so many user reviews are very good. Just wondering what the thoughts are here, and all opinions are welcome. The surface 2 I would only end up getting the 32 GB as the price is higher, I just want to make sue I make the right purchase. Of course being in canada, we are not seeing the prices that are being offered in the US for the upcoming Black Friday. Thanks for anything you can tell me, I appreciate it. I am very excited to gift my ipad to my husband and move over to the windows side :)

Cancel and get the PRO.

PRO = Intel chip aka more like a laptop/PC

RT = ARM chip aka more like a Phone/Tablet

The problem with the RT version is the ecosystem. Your basically limited to the WP8/RT app store for apps. Where as with the PRO version, you can install fully fledged Windows Programs like Adobe CS6 suite.

Edit: if you go with the 32GB Pro only expect about 20GB of usable storage space for yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheStivo