Recommendations for a low priced 8" W8 tab

beatheaven

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, so i'm looking for a cheap windows 8.1 tablets at a cost around 200$ and 250$.

I want a tablet for watching videos and gaming but at a pretty low cost because of my budget and I don't know where to search for them. The size of the tablet I want is 10.1" and it should contain about 64GB of memory, 2-, or 3GB of ram and a good processor.

Is it too much for 200-250$? Should I have bigger budget? I really would appreciate an answer that includes some specs of the tablet like battery's mAh rate, size and resolution, processor name and clockspeed and of course the price and name of the tablet.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
re: RecomRecommendations for a low priced 8" W8.tablets

Have one, great tablet for the money. Dell Venue Pro 8. Can't go wrong.
Sent from my Verizon Icon

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a huge fan of the HP Elitepad 900. It came out over a year ago, but it is a very well built tablet with a 10 inch screen. Runs full Windows 8. Aluminum body with NFC capabilities. It can be found on eBay for around $200.00 or less. I just bought my second one for $175.00. Really a great tablet.

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

I've been thinking the same thing. The dell venue pro runs 8.1 and seems pretty solid.
Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Another vote for the 8 Pro.

For me, primarily because you can pick it up for cheap these days, depending where you look.
I snagged mine for $207 open-box.
There was a sale, kicking the 32 GB down to $240 often (my impression, I could be completely wrong)
So it can be had for less than its contemporaries.

Also I have it, it has its own quirks, but I'm not complaining due to the value.

Currently, you won't get more than 2 GB RAM in the budget space, you'll have to go high end for the 4+ GB units.

However, if you really need 10+ inches of screen, (new 8-inchers dominate your price group) you will have to look at previous generation tablets, or secondhand ones if you don't mind the performance (and potential price) hit in exchange for size.

For your budget, you can probably get 8" display, 2 GB RAM, 32 GB memory, with the current Bay Trail Atom processor.

Of course, bumping up your budget opens opportunities.

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site

Toshiba Encore. I just got mine for $200 new on Amazon and I love it. It has a SD slot for storage expansion. It also has micro HDMI out so I can hook it up to a TV or monitor.
Posted from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oscahill