App intall error (0x80080207)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Getting this error. Tried to Google and there's just instructions for command prompt stuff. Just curious if theres an easier fix, or a RT specific fix. I don't even have a mouse to right click command prompt as Admin. Lol.

John Steffes

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
There are a few things to try, first use the WSreset.exe (which did not work for me)...

The second was to use the control panel administrative tools services... stop Windows Update Service, now use File Explorer to go to c:\windows and find SoftwareDistribution and rename it to SoftwareDistribution.old now restart the service Windows Update Service...

It will re-create the SoftwareDistribution directory and you can go back to the store and try again... This is what fixed it for me...

Then when you are done you can remove the old directory or you can stop the service and rename the new one and rename the old one back.. but I deleted it instead as it gave me back 1G of space... (Also it will wipe your history of what you have installed from windows update but you can still look at installed updates to see all the updates applied)...

RajeevT

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea