Which Windows tablet do you own?

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if there is a thread for this already, but here's now a thread for you guys to discuss your Windows tablet! I'll start off.

Manufacturer/Model: Acer Iconia W3
Capacity: 64 GB
Dislikes: Screen could be better

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Surface Pro 2 (64 GB)

So much more portable than my laptop, capable of some fancy games.
Battery life is good for my needs.
Runs cool and often with the fans off. Performance is very good.
I like the two kickstand positions.
Got it for a fairly good price.
Pen compatibility is much appreciated, as well as design.
Type Cover's backlighting scheme is very smart. (touch the seemingly sensor-less palmrest, keys light up)

Dislikes:
Repairability is almost zero. (long-term ownership dealbreaker, I'd at least want a replaceable battery like the Venue 11 Pro.)
Sometimes I feel another USB port or microSD slot would be nice.
It's very well built, but I'm not very confident in its durability. (not a major problem though)
I think it'd be better if I got a larger capacity model, but 64 GB is OK.
Touchpad isn't bad, but small.
Not too great when typing on the throne.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Winbook TW700 from Microcenter. $51 out the door. I am stunned at how much this can do. Leaves my ipad air in the dust in so many ways. One of the best things about it is Microcenter handles the warranty. One year, if it craps out, bring it in to them they fix or replace. No send it off and see what happens. Great customer service. Full size usb port and hdmi port really make this a very useful machine. Watch ESPN on a 32 inch tv from this little guy is flawless.

Last edited:

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
My first Windows 8 tablet is the voyo a1 mini with Windows 8.1.
8" tablet with 32 GB and 2 gig of ram.
Added a 32 gig SD card. It replaced my 10" android tablet. It just beats it on every thing were I use my tablet for. Browsing, watching tv, films and mailing. It is so much faster and can multitask. I connect it to my tv to watch movies on it now because I am rebuilding my living room and my has is because of that not connected, but it works great with it. Also Skype and some desktop apps.

My second Windows 8 tablet is on it's way to me.
It is the Lenovo yoga 2 10" Windows. I ordered it yesterday. I love how Windows 8 runs on the tablet so much that it is replacing my laptop that has also windows 8.1. It has only no touch screen and it is a lot heavier.

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My current Windows Tablet is the HP Stream 7 with a 64g sd card added and a USB-OTG cable for hooking up to some devices.

jsham1963

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the Winbook TW801 from Microcenter. I bought the TW700 but returned it and picked up the TW801. The 16 gb of storage was just too small. There was only about 2 gb left after windows updates. The TW801 has 2 gb ram and 32 gb storage. Pretty nice so far.

JamesDax

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
HP Omni 10. Not a terrible device. I love the size (10.1in) and 16x10 (1920x1200) form factor. But it does have some touch screen and wifi issues from time to time.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the 8" model of the Toshiba Encore 2. 32GB, Windows 8.1 w/Bing.

Like: Having full Windows. I don't feel as gimped as I did with my RT tablets. Plus, it's a fraction of the cost of the Surface 2/2520. I like the 8" form factor more than I thought I would. Enough screen real estate to make reading easy but not so big that it feels bulky. My last tablet with 10 inches and I'm glad I downsized. I've also received several software updates from Toshiba. It's good to see them supporting their product. Plus, the tablet came with minimal bloat. Speakers are really good too.

Dislike: Color reproduction. It's not the worst I've seen but all these cheap Windows tablets lack good colors. The screen resolution could be better, yes, but more accurate colors would go a long way. The design is lackluster. It doesn't feel as good in the hands as a Venue Pro or Amazon Fire. The Atom processor is adequate but well below other mobile socs. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like anything's going to dethrone the Atom until Intel comes out with a newer version. No Windows button on the bezel. That is enough to drive a man insane.

Eren68

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have the i3 version of the Dell Venue 11 pro. I've owned 3 Surface tablets (RT, 2, Pro) a couple of android no names, a BB Playbook, but this Dell is the best I've owned thus far. So many quality accessories, amazing sound and screen, removable battery, totally repairable after my 3 year warranty has expired, very quick........... all buttons similarly placed to Surface models, excellent battery life....... I can't think of any negatives. Ah yes. If I want to be extremely picky, I'd like the key typing sound to be a little louder. That's it :)

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a Lenovo YOGA Tablet 2 13"with Windows 8.1, still learning more everyday on using it.

Has a amazing 13.3" Quad HD (2560x1440) IPS display, 4 GB Ram, great sound and a Bluetooth keyboard. It is basically a tiny laptop, with great battery life. 64GB internal storage and a 64 GB SD/Micro also and I've read it will handle the 128GB SD/Micro OK.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I got a Lenovo YOGA Tablet 2 13"with Windows 8.1, still learning more everyday on using it.

Has a amazing 13.3" Quad HD (2560x1440) IPS display, 4 GB Ram, great sound and a Bluetooth keyboard. It is basically a tiny laptop, with great battery life. 64GB internal storage and a 64 GB SD/Micro also and I've read it will handle the 128GB SD/Micro OK.

Verry Nice tablet. My Lenovo yoga 2 10'' arived today.
It's a bit smaller but the few oures that i used It now made me love It so much that i play all the time with It.
Spec's
CPU Z3745
Screen 10.1'' 1920x1200
Memory 2 GB ram
Storage 32 GB
SD/micro up to 64 GB
Bluetooth 4.0
Wi-fi
Keyboard
Impressie battery

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a Full Windows 8.1 baytrail atom processor its a Tesco Connect and it was selling at the ridiculously low price of ?59!!
Cheaper than all the android tablets.

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a Full Windows 8.1 baytrail atom processor its a Tesco Connect and it was selling at the ridiculously low price of ?59!!
Cheaper than all the android tablets.

Here they sell a 7'' android tablet for that price but android on cheap devices doesn't run that good. That is wy as you want a cheap tablet or phone, you need a windows device.
Still the feeling of a bit more expensive device feels better from the outside. I noticed that the touchscreen is better and the casing. How windows runs doesn't matter that much so the experience on the cheap tablets is still good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs