Good Budget tablet.

Unicron109

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I am a tech enthusiast who does not have the money to fund his habit. As such I am not able to update my tech as often as I desire. Also when I do it requires much saving and a painstaking amount of research on what I will ultimately spend my hard saved money on. Now obviously research should always be done especially on such pricey purchases so as to avoided the dreaded buyers remorse that undoubtedly occurs because Technology updates so frequently. So while I mull over slash save toward my next computer purchase which I am hoping will be a fanless Surface device I find myself surrounded by ancient technology by which to check email, browse the web, and use social media at home. While my Lumia Icon is great at this I really want a tablet with a 7 inch and up screen to use at home both for the added screen real estate and so my Lumia is not discharged when I need to venture out of my home. So my question is what is a good budget windows tablet that I could purchase for under $100 while I save toward my ultimate goal? I have heard that the HP Stream 7 and WinBook TW700 might fit this bill and was wondering if anyone could offer their experiences with these devices. Thanks in advance.

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I would absolutely LOVE to get a Surface Pro 3, if only I had $800 to $1199 to spend. I'm on a budget, too. My 1st gen iPad, which was a hand-me-down, took a dive. Games are no longer updateable, videos don't play very well and it crashes often. The only thing I can do with it now is use it to write on, to write papers.

I've been looking at two nice budget devices, both available on the Microsoft store.

HP Stream 7 Signature Edition Tablet ($79.99)
Buy HP Stream 7 Signature Edition Tablet - Microsoft Store

HP Stream 8 Signature Edition Tablet ($150.00)
Buy HP Stream 8 Signature Edition Tablet - Microsoft Store

They both drop and rise in price week to week. Remember this, too, Windows 10 will make these devices much better. This is all speculation; however, I would go for one of these for a decent device. Read the reviews. Look on Amazon, too. There may be some one there that are better and less.

ppardi

Mar 24, 2015
Visit site
Look at used or refurbished tablets for great deals on tablets that can run for a good amount of new or off shelf.

Nothing wrong with a used tablet in my opinion. I got the Sony Xperia for $199, which runs usually for $500. No problems or issues since getting it a year ago.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur Dent