Nokia Here Drive for Windows tablets?

Nebel

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why is it not available for Windows tablets? It seems weird that it's free for phones and Android/IOS, but nothing for Windows tablets, not even RT?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
as an offline paper map replacement I guess, considering paper maps don't have GPS either and are a pain to fold.

Indeed but for that you can use HERE MAPS which is available for all windows devices. The OP asked however for HERE DRIVE.

slipslip

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I raised this question in an older thread--- while HERE MAPS is available for Windows, HERE DRIVE (the app that has turn-by-turn navigation, which I think is what most people think of when they think of GPS) is not.

Hopefully they'll do something when Windows 10 conjoins the app stores, but until then, the only app I found with turn-by-turn navigation is "Navmii"

Nokia_Lumia

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I raised this question in an older thread--- while HERE MAPS is available for Windows, HERE DRIVE (the app that has turn-by-turn navigation, which I think is what most people think of when they think of GPS) is not.

Hopefully they'll do something when Windows 10 conjoins the app stores, but until then, the only app I found with turn-by-turn navigation is "Navmii"

The question is - which tablets have GPS? I know the Lumia 2520 does, but it takes a while to lock on without a cellular signal.

Surface RT and most Windows tablets do not have GPS.

Is NavMii offline? I'd love to try it out then on my 2520...

Nebel

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes I am asking for Here Drive, I know Here Maps is available but that doesn't have navigation.
I was thinking about using my Asus TF810C as a navigation unit (yes it does have GPS) since I really like Here Drive on my 1520.
Too bad the screen is too small and for some reason I can't play AUX music while charging the phone at the same time (hear a lot of static), so I can't use it for longer drives.
Sure I could buy some navigation software since my tablet is pure Windows, not RT, but I just like the design and looks of Here Drive.

slipslip

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The question is - which tablets have GPS?

The HP Stream 8 also has GPS (in the US, at least. I've heard that models in other countries may not come with GPS built-in). (Stream 7, which is wi-fi only, does not.)

Navmii does have offline map downloads, but they are based on community-sourced OpenMap data, which may not be as comprehensive or reliable as something like Here Maps. The interface is also a lot clunkier than Here. Worth downloading and checking it out yourself, since it is free.

fuiseog

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Dell Venue 8 Pro with WWLAN has GPS, or should I say my UK sourced one does, and Here Maps works fine on it. I would like to have Here Drive on it. I love it on my Lumia phone but it would be good to have it on the bigger screen sometimes.

Bonovski

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
The question is - which tablets have GPS? I know the Lumia 2520 does, but it takes a while to lock on without a cellular signal.

Surface RT and most Windows tablets do not have GPS.

There are loads of tablets with GPS, don't be ignorant like MS/Nokia...
For example my Toshiba encore WT8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani