How will new Ipad Pro Rumors effect Surface Brand?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Attached you'll find an article I saw today about Apple's event tomorrow where they will announce new products, including an IPad Pro. Check out the specs in the article. The biggest news, for me at least, is that it will come with a stylus, keyboard, and be 12.9 inches. For sure, this is a swipe at the Surface brand and geared towards more productivity minded consumers. How much money do you want to bet that this will be highly lauded by tech types, when these same ppl have been slow adapters to the Surface.

I'm curious to know y'all thoughts on this. Do you think it will cut into MS gains with Surface or will it prove that MS was ahead of the curve with the Surface brand all along, leading others to want to try it? I don't know about you but I've been seeing a whole lot more Surface Pro's around college and upscale urban areas. I'm curious how this will help or hinder MS.

What to expect at Apple's iPhone event - Business Insider

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
People are getting a Surface because it runs windows which most people equate with having more power / capabilities than a simple iPad

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I feel it'll be described by many reviewers as "game changing", "revolutionary", and a bunch of other blown up words...

Every average consumer will see it as something new and revolutionary, and lust for it while the Surface has been doing what never this iPad pro will be capable of for years...(and this iPad Pro probably wont even be as powerful as Surface yet it'll probably cost more knowing Apple)

Just my humble opinionated prediction

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
People are getting a Surface because it runs windows which most people equate with having more power / capabilities than a simple iPad

This. Unless any new iPad is suddenly going to run Bootcamp or Parallels, etc. We've moved on from iPads in my business. Its more or less an expensive, single use accessory in the scheme of how we, or our OEM's do business.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
How will new Ipad Pro Rumors effect Surface Brand?

iPad Pro rumors have been swirling around for the last 8+ months and have had no affect on the Surface brand. As for how the iPad Pro itself will affect the Surface, that will depend upon what if anything Apple produces along a "Pro" line.

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Depends.

If it runs iOS, it'll be a toy just like iPad. If it runs OSX, they'll throw the OS into an identity crisis.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Depends.

If it runs iOS, it'll be a toy just like iPad. If it runs OSX, they'll throw the OS into an identity crisis.
iOS arguably is the most mature ecosystem for mobile operating systems. non-Pro iPads are already being used in business settings. If it is a toy, it is a toy capable of serious work. With a few minor tweaks, iOS can make even greater inroads.

There's more to making a "pro" tablet than slapping a desktop OS on a tablet. Add support for exposing the filesystem, support for usb/bluetooth pointing devices, and support for an active stylus and the mythical iPad Pro (running iOS) could be the solution for quite a few more enterprise use cases.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
This iPad can't seriously harm the Surface without running a desktop OS

The Surface is a tablet with the power and functionality (detachable keyboard) to become a laptop, and also a full desktop (with a moniter and HDMI cable)

The iPad Pro without OSX (whether it has enhanced Bluetooth, a stylus, file system access or not) will simply be an advanced advanced iPad, not a Surface killer, at least until the day iOS is capable of running full blown limitless Adobe after Effects

Not saying that without OSX the iPad Pro with said features above would be pointless, as it inked would be the solon for a few enterprise use cases. It just wouldn't effect Surface IMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani