HDD to SSD transfer and other question

JoseAriasArroyo

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm into buying a SSD (Samsung Pro) to replace my laptop's HDD. The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite S55-B (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Radeon Graphics).

I was wondering how to transfer all the content and partitions from the HDD to the SSD, because something I've been asking myself if the recovery partition will be transferred to the SSD.

Also, the other question is if it's worth the change to SSD. I mean, like ''Hey, you will really feel the difference in speed".

Thank you guys :D

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
If you ask me it worth, I switched my desk and laptop to SSD and the easiest method is to simply clone your hard drive with Ghost or any other cloning soft you prefer...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Use easeus disk copy (it's free), remember if it will copy everything so you will end up with an ssd with mbr and not gpt.

Also cloning the single partition won't help, you will need the boot records and boot files. If they reside on c:\ then you may not have issues swapping out.

However if they reside in the small 100 meg primary partition then you will need to clone that as well. If you do run into issues swapping out drives then you will have no choice but to clone the entire hdd. Unless of course you are using a custom boot loader, as you could simply just clone (partition) and mount. Making sure you set up the boot loader first of course.

The easiest method is to move all your excess data off hdd, clone the entire thing to your ssd and then move what data you want back. This way you have an external back if things go side ways.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3