what is the best budget laptop ?

enrico_rusli

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I am a student so I'm gonna use my laptop only for basic thing like microsoft word, power point, browsing, watching movie and maybe photoshop. So what is the best laptop that suit me for under $400 ?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would get a refurbished/used older ThinkPad, like maybe a T410 though T450.
(those are the all-around models, the W series packs more bulk and horsepower, the X are the ultracompact ones...)

Not the latest hardware, but its still premium hardware, just older but is still well made.

I usually favor older higher-end things to new cheapo ones.

Last edited:

piccoro

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Well if you are using photoshop make sure you get a laptop with 8GB RAM that's all that matter, maybe 4GB if you are not using too many effects & layers on your design. Processor wise just stay away from atom, pentium and some celeron based processor.
I agree with geodude that's a nice laptop . Hard to find a core i5 laptop below 500. Check the dell inspiron series in your country theyre not that expensive and good for the money.

cactuspete23

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
If that is all you want to do, then almost any new laptop will meet your needs. All of that can be done with a 5 year old PC. Look for deals on "last year's" models !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alec sander