Should I buy a Surface Book, Surface Pro 4, or something else entirely??

jcrod73

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Looking to buy a tablet device. I like the larger-ish screen kinda tablets. I'm torn between the Surface Book and the SP4 but now Lenovo came out with the ThinkPad X1 Tablet. I need some help!! please!!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
surface book ONLY if you want the dual GPU option..... also, battery life without the keyboard attached is "meh" at best.

jcrod73

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
surface book ONLY if you want the dual GPU option..... also, battery life without the keyboard attached is "meh" at best.

Thanks...this is going to be a major purchase for me. I'm just not fully sold on the design of the Surface Book. It seems clunky & awkward. A little on the heavy side (not that I have a major problem with that but compared to the SP4). I do like the bigger screen. That is what is mainly pulling me toward the SB.

iwameed

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Since you said you want a tablet device you should go for the surface pro 4.
You see it's basically like this, surface pro 4 is primarily a tablet with laptop capabilities and the surface book is primarily a laptop with tablet capabilities.
Also, unless you want to perform some really graphic intensive stuff, the pro 4 will serve you just fine and you also save some bucks.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I would actually recommend looking into a Dell Venue 11 Pro 7000 series.

You could buy a manufacturer refurbished one for around $400 with and i3 inside and a 1080p screen. I suggest you search on Ebay.

Surface products are quite overpriced, so you can get a better deal from other manufacturers like Lenovo and Dell.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Also think about whether you are going to use the tablet on your lap at all.

Surface tablets with a kickstand in the back will not be good for lap usage. Dell Venue 11 Pro with a mobile keyboard functions like a laptop with no kickstand on th back. It is much better for lap usage.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I am in the same boat here.
Looking for something to use as a tablet most of the time, but also be able to do photoshop and video editing occasionally.
I am between the i7 pro4 and book right now but open to other options... :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99