Windows 8.1 problems! Can I get some help?

Sanapeita

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Basicly:
I had to format my notebook.
It was windows 7 and i installed windows 8.1.
6gb Ram and i3 processor.
Every gamethat used to run properly when it was windows 7 won't run now.
Any game that i open get my cpu usage to 100%.
Even the browser games are getting it to 100%.
I if it's not a game it doesn't get my cpu to 100% but it won't stay less than 20%.

Fun fact: I tried to update it to windows 10 a few hours ago, and when it downloaded 100% an error just ocurred.
I can't even play minecraft.
I used driver booster to update my drivers, so i think they're up to date.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've not heard of Driver Booster, but my experience is that Driver Updaters , Perfomance Boosters, etc. are a very iffy category of software. Is it possible Driver Booster is the culprit?

Did you get this software from a download haven? Most 3rd party sites that offer free utilities downloads repack the distributable product in their own installer that can quickly bloat a system with junkware. Did you just click through and not look at what else might be trying to install alongside Driver Booster?

My previous laptop went from 7 to 8 to 8.1 and I had no such issues.

Drivers for 8.1 are well established and readily stocked by the OEMs on their support pages.

Recommendation: save all files to CD/DVD, external hard drive, what have you. Clean install 8.1 > jump to 10 if you like > comb your OEM support pages for driver and Bios updates, install them yourself. Also check individual component maker's sites for drivers if you think your laptop OEM left something out. Then restore your files.

Shortcuts can make for long work and download havens are very dodgy much of the time.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
If you're determined to use driver manager software stick with SlimDrivers. It's free, well respected, and well known. Make sure you download it from Slimware Utilities and not some dodgy download centre site. However I suggest backing up your documents, upgrading to 10 and activating, then use the Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 boot disk, then use it to format your computer hard drive then reinstall Windows on top. After that, SlimDrivers will set you up. Driver Booster sounds like a very dodgy name for a piece of software (reminds me of System Mechanic).

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
If you're determined to use driver manager software stick with SlimDrivers. It's free, well respected, and well known. Make sure you download it from Slimware Utilities and not some dodgy download centre site. However I suggest backing up your documents, upgrading to 10 and activating, then use the Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 boot disk, then use it to format your computer hard drive then reinstall Windows on top. After that, SlimDrivers will set you up. Driver Booster sounds like a very dodgy name for a piece of software (reminds me of System Mechanic).

Thanks for your recommendation.But I could not figure out how they earn money as that listed everything as free.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss