Portable Keyboard and number pad - which one?

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Im looking to get the Dell XPS 15 soon. I travel a lot and looking to get a separate keyboard that is easy to pack and comfortable to use (min 8 hours a day) and also need a number pad either with the keyboard or separately, any suggestions?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So you're looking for a separate keyboard on top of the one that comes with it?

And I'm sure any keypad you buy will get the job done.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have three portable bluetooth keyboards.

Microsoft Wedge - A competent keyboard. There's a newer version that lets you switch between multiple devices. Unfortunately, I find it too small for extended use.

HP K4000 - Being only slightly bigger than the Wedge, it does offer a superior typing experience, though lacking the nice keyboard cover that comes with the Wedge.

Logitech K480 - The biggest of the three. Size makes it the easiest to type on. It also has the ability to switch between multiple devices.

However, overall, I wouldn't call any one of them a knock out of the park. My nod goes to HP K4000 for being easier to type on than the Wedge while also more portable than the K480, but perhaps others have better suggestions.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've never used the Dell XPS 15 but I think it's safe to assume the typing experience will be better on the Dell. Though if you routinely type long messages on your phone, it's nice to have something like the Logitech K480 where you can easily switch between the multiple devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos