Laptop will not connect to the internet

Sebetai

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
My HP 2000 suddenly won't connect to the internet using my wi fi modem or my phone's hotspot. It also won't connect when wired. Just says no internet. Tried numerous solutions and nothing worked. When I ipconfig in command prompt there is no connection specific dns suffix or default gateway. I unistalled my network adapter (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.1 bgn wifi adapter) and it reinstalled but nothing. I ordered a wifi adapter from Amazon but really want to know if this can be fixed. It was working just last night.

jazen

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey Sebetai, how has your system been running prior to it stopped working, visit any questionable sites that may have installed something nasty? Does your system get an IP address or it just refuses to connect to the SSID?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The simplest solution may be to assign your ethernet port a static ip address.

I presume you have already tried given you have checked using ip config?

The saving grace is that drivers are installing and hardware is being detected so it's a software issue.

The other solution would be to associate a static ip address to the WiFi card's or Ethernet port's MAC address on your router. This way you don't have to fiddle around with associated static ips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon