Do the newer Lumia Phones have super sensitive touch screens?

Luis Orellana

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Super Sensitive Touch Screen on Newer Lumia Phones

Do you think that this feature will be integrated in upcoming Lumia phones or was it a feature that only existed when Nokia was in business. In the third generation of Lumias it was taken out of the 500 and 600 series phones and only included in the 730/5 and above. In the upcoming phones neither the 540 nor the 640 include this. Is the feature dead or do you think that the Lumia 740 and higher phones will have it. I would be disappointed if this feature was gone after having it in my Lumia 521 and 920.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Super Sensitive Touch Screen on Newer Lumia Phones

Were you referring to the High Sensitivity Option in Settings > Touch of the phone?

I think the newer "budget" Lumia phones won't have this feature in the future, since a more sensitive touch screen would mean high hardware prices, which then translates to increased phone prices (and replacement/repair fees).

Given that trend, I also think that this feature will still be available for the "non-budget" series 7xx and above Lumia phones. This, of course, may change depending on the recommendations of the data analysts in Microsoft.

I, for one, have never used that feature even if it is in my L1020 since the normal sensitivity setting works just fine. I also would never attempt to use my phone while wearing gloves (which is what the feature is for), since wearing gloves impedes the dexterity of my fingers and makes the phone more slippery - dropping my phone has never been an option. If less users use this feature (which Microsoft may know based on the device feedback information they receive), then the feature could be omitted in future phone models. If Microsoft wanted more flexibility (or increased probabilities for glove-induced phone damages leading to increased revenues from off-warranty repairs), then the feature could be kept in future phone models.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Guess you live in a country where it never freezes well below freezing point.😊

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Guess you live in a country where it never freezes well below freezing point.��

Yep, I don't. But if fate favors it, I might experience sub-zero temperatures in a few months when I stay for six months in Tokyo. By then, I may have gained more perspective and gain more liking in the high sensitivity settings, but hopefully not gain scratches nor dings on my phones.:cool:

Bryon Burns

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

My 1020 and 1520 work fine with gloves on and high sensitivity off. This last New York winter was especially cold, so this was very convenient, as high sensitivity drained the battery pretty good and made screen swipes into screen taps more often than not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss