BIG confusion ..PLZ HELP!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok...my options

925 - Affordable but OLD

930 - Not affordable, but latest + NO SD Card. Should I wait for the price to drop?

1020 - Affordable, has SD Card also, but OLD

1520 - Has everything I want, but too big. Also, not affordable as of now. Should I wait for the price to drop?

Anything, plz don't suggest anything else. I've been through all the other options.

PS: Does it make sense to go for the 925?
Thanks!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Remember that the 925 also doesn't have SD card either?
Since you don't want anything else suggested, the 930 seems to be the better option. Maybe wait for a price drop or a flash sale kind of deal?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys...I'm honestly just wanting to come back to WP. I have an Xperia Z Ultra. Believe me.. I'm tired of its slow and sluggish performance.. So that makes me wonder..should I get a Lumia Flagship or a regular Lumia or an old gen flagship like the 925.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

skt_diaz

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys...I'm honestly just wanting to come back to WP. I have an Xperia Z Ultra. Believe me.. I'm tired of its slow and sluggish performance.. So that makes me wonder..should I get a Lumia Flagship or a regular Lumia or an old gen flagship like the 925.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
You should wait for Microsoft to release a new device

sussss

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
What's your budget? New and Price seem to be your deciding factors.

Exactly. There is no new and pricier phones than 640 and XL. This makes one hesitant in buying Windows phone. Agreed 640 is good and Xl is better, but what if one wants slightly better phone than them?! And 4 months is too much for a waiting. So one has to settle with either 730, 830 or 930.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. There is no new and pricier phones than 640 and XL. This makes one hesitant in buying Windows phone. Agreed 640 is good and Xl is better, but what if one wants slightly better phone than them?! And 4 months is too much for a waiting. So one has to settle with either 730, 830 or 930.

You have to take into account the major sea change going on.

Transition away from Nokia to Microsoft for Lumia design is not yet completed. I look at it as all the old stuff was flushed out through the pipes and in the fall we will see the beginnings of Microsoft in action for making handsets.

And the transition to 10. It will be a new era. I don't mind the dramatic pause.

Satyendra Nair

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Since you are really confused, I guess I will weigh in and tell you why the Lumia 640XL would actually be a better choice than the Lumia 925 (I jumped to it from a Lumia 920, which i guess is more or less the same thing minus the sleek aluminium body).

- Coming from tiny as* phones (710, 620, 920), I would really say that this stuff grips like boss in your hand given the form factor. This is coming from a guy who didn't want to buy it originally because it is essentially a phablet. I thought I need a cover in order to grip this thing in my hands, but still have not felt the need to due to the form of the device.
- Has a better/similar processor, FFC, and about the same camera. I was spoilt by the camera on my sister's 1020, and my 920. Barely even look back now.
- Sensor core is really, really neat and something the phones currently in your budget and scanner don't have.

The bad side would be the average resolution, but it's still great and reproduces great colours.
You could pop in a 32gb Class 10 card like I am about to, and I'm pretty sure you'll be set.

Also, the 1020 does NOT have an SD expansion slot.

I am only telling you this 'cause you seem to want to upgrade soon, and within a budget.
You could still wait for a good sale on the phones you wanted and get them!

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok...my options

925 - Affordable but OLD

930 - Not affordable, but latest + NO SD Card. Should I wait for the price to drop?

1020 - Affordable, has SD Card also, but OLD

1520 - Has everything I want, but too big. Also, not affordable as of now. Should I wait for the price to drop?

Anything, plz don't suggest anything else. I've been through all the other options.

PS: Does it make sense to go for the 925?
Thanks!

If you really must chose only the phones in that list then my suggestion would be to try and hold on until Microsoft announces their newest flagships which appears may be around October. Then, the prices of the 930 and 1520 will likely drop a little more and you may be more happy with one of those devices and fell less like you comprimised.

I know you don't want other suggestions, but I can't help but recommend the 640 or 640 XL. Yes they are using the same CPU and GPU as the 635, but the Screen, Camera, Flash, Front camera, and Ram upgrades all really make for a well thought out budget device. With the fluidness of Window Phone 8.1 (and hopefully, Windows 10, which I am running on my 635 and that seems smooth enough) I think you'll be pretty pleased with what you are getting for that price range.

Good luck to you!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
If you really must chose only the phones in that list then my suggestion would be to try and hold on until Microsoft announces their newest flagships which appears may be around October. Then, the prices of the 930 and 1520 will likely drop a little more and you may be more happy with one of those devices and fell less like you comprimised.

I know you don't want other suggestions, but I can't help but recommend the 640 or 640 XL. Yes they are using the same CPU and GPU as the 635, but the Screen, Camera, Flash, Front camera, and Ram upgrades all really make for a well thought out budget device. With the fluidness of Window Phone 8.1 (and hopefully, Windows 10, which I am running on my 635 and that seems smooth enough) I think you'll be pretty pleased with what you are getting for that price range.

Good luck to you!

Firstly thanks for replying. While I agree price will come down, I doubt if it will comes down so much that I could afford a 9xx flagship. Again, remember my budget is extremely limited. As this is going to be my second device.

But an old generation 925 flagship for 650AED isn't bad IMHO. 640/XL I DID consider honestly, but when I saw it compared to a 925, lost interest. The premium feel is missing. I would much rather have something which is old and premium than low class and new. Do you agree?

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
A few weeks back I saw some 1520's on sale for $179.99. I apologize if you said it before but what was the price range you were looking at?

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
A few weeks back I saw some 1520's on sale for $179.99. I apologize if you said it before but what was the price range you were looking at?

Hey! The reason I don't want 1520 is its too big, and very expensive as of now. It is $462. Lowest in the market. But thanks for your suggestion.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
No problem at all, but let me ask again so I can be of help if possible. What was the price range you were looking to shop in? Then I can give you more options (possibly) :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb