Would you honestly buy another Microsoft Mobile?

sguy156

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I will wait to switch what WM10 phones have to offer in fall then decide . I can all the WP services on other platforms so why stay , continuum is not strong enough selling point for users to stay with WM .

Nick Metro

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I am going to stick with it for now and will more than likely pick up the Lumia 950. I've only been with WP since January so am definitely willing to see how the next 12 months plays out. I think the story will be told one way or the other by this time next year. I have an LG Android tablet that I use for my banking apps, good mobile etc, all of the apps that I cannot get on WP so that helps a great deal. I really like the WP platform, much more so than iOS or Android. So I guess that's a long winded answer of yes.....

DatManWolf

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I like the OS, I like the cross platform stuff. I dislike not having the things I want or want to try as far as apps.

I jumped off of iphone simply because I got myself and my wife 2 phones for $100. 920's. My wife has since upgraded to the 830 but I wasn't impressed so I am still on the 920. If I am unimpressed with the next "flagships" I will probably jump ship seeing as my 920 is showing its age and quirks more now a days.

letmethinkaboutit

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Still confused ! when my close friend told me to install imo to talk (since he is having issue with skype), I couldn't find the app its frustrating. when my aunt wants to video chat with viber, i am have to say i have no video calling feature since i use wp, it hurts. there is no close substiute of google voice, very useful for free calling (remember skype charges 4.9 cents connection fee+2.3 cents per minute to call to us no from us !), nothing is better than gmaps, nothing is better than gmail. I love windows phone, but this love has a lot of pains...still using lumia 920, also used 1520 before. windows need good phone plus good featured apps not half-baked apps,even skype works better in android, i get notification one day later in wp sometime. i live wp but its better to admit its flaws which are plenty. Enjoy the fluid OS, better battery performance, and most importanlty, wp keyboard is my favorite, the word flow is awesome. I am not sure whether I would buy an expensive phone from windows but I will always carry wp phone, may be I will be getting an android as back up. iOS ? I don't see why should I pay that much, any phone under 100 can perform as good as iphone. so windows is my love, android is my reality, ios is nowhere !

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but probably not anytime soon. I am currently using a 930 and don't see anything in the 950 that would compel me to replace it. I also have a 925, which is my favorite phone design. Except for the fact that the 930 has much better specs than the 925, especially with regards to the camera, I would still be using the 925. So, will I purchase another WMobile? Yes, but it has to really wow me. On the other hand, would I go back to iOS or Android. Absolutely not. I feel Windows is much more elegant than either of the other two. My ban had a windows app and recently got rid of it. Is it a big deal not having that app? No, I can use the browser to accomplish most of what the app did.

Mohd Fadyllah

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Use to had Lumia 1020. If lumia 1020 have it successor with 20-41mp with Xenon and SD Card then i sure WILL. Now, on android doing apps for my office and learn python on the phone(with editor). I really wish MS allow that. But for UI i must say WP is great especially 4th and Mayor:)

anon(631531)

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I never had a Windows phone, but i will when the 950XL comes out. I've been learning all i can about the Windows OS, and i can't wait. I'm getting burned out with Android.:winktongue:

Alex Rodriguez

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
NO , like the OP said WP is a constant beta. By this time since, WP7 being Microsoft a software company, they should've figured it out and they haven't.

threewulfmoon

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The Windows Phone ecosystem is in a position where it needs to attract users from competing platforms to become more viable. Compelling hardware is one part of that puzzle. At least here in the United States, the sale of devices are tied to the ability to get a subsidized upgrade with a two year contract or set up a interest free financing plan with a carrier. Very few customers pay retail for flagship devices. Therefore, by failing to launch in time to entice users to switch to Windows Phone rather than stick with a refreshed Galaxy device or iPhone for the next two years, Microsoft lost a major opportunity.

Microsoft needs to compete in one arena where things are heating up: price. Perhaps going with existing SoC like the Snapdragon 808 and 810 might give Microsoft a chance to shave a few bucks off the price. Microsoft truly needs to offer an affordable flagship. But I don't even think that is enough. The 950 and 950xl are pretty much DOA. Microsoft's true hope lies in its next gen device, which will hopefully be x86 based and scale up to run desktop apps when connected to a monitor. If that can't get Microsoft more market share in the mobile market, then it truly needs to focus on getting its software and services onto the competing platforms.

jonahtrav

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes/maybe.... My 920 is about three years old and so just this month I bought a LGG3 to try out an android phone. I went from an N8 to the 920 and so I wanted to check out what the android OS is like and if the apps are really that much better... The phone is great but the OS seems quite messy compared to a Windows phone, but the apps are better for sure. I'll wait to till the 950 is in a store and check out it... Can always sell my Lg3... Got it for $250... I think buying last year's flagships might be the way to go... But that's another topic...

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I will still buy phones with Microsoft software loaded.

imho, most end users feel that windows on mobile (wm, wp and now w10m) is a backdated os playing catchup with other mobile os. that is true when you compare to other mobile os, but if you came from pocket pc all the way to w10m now, youll understand that windows is not design to be compared to other os, it was designed to be windows.

without windows mobile magneto, crossbow and photon (dead without arrival) there will be no android. and in my opinion, ios is still and overglorified feature phone with app support.

take all the apps, custom roms and jailbreaks away and tell me if you can live with android and ios on stock?

I can live with windows on stock just fine.

however, after having $hitlo4ds of hardware problems with my lumia 930, I feel Microsoft should be more involved in the overall quality of their devices during manufacturing. (never faced any hardware problem with lg optimus 7, htc hd7, htc 8x)

so to answer the question, will I buy another MICROSOFT phone product, not at the moment. will I buy another windows phone / mobile or whatever they might want to call it, HELL YES.

shrikant8413

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I will be definitely moving out of the Windows Mobile Ecosystem due to the following reasons :
1. See a lot or 'resuming' screen on my Lumia 720.
2. The quality of apps on Windows Mobile platform is really pathetic e.g whatsapp, facebook, twitter, instagram.
3. No USB OTG support.
4. No Wi Fi Direct.
5. The multitasking is really bad. Every time it refreshes the app.

I will be most probably moving on to Sony Xperia Z2.
The only reason for me to shift to windows platform was Nokia.

But, there are a few good positives also about the windows mobile OS :
1. Battery life is really good. I am a moderate user of the mobile and at the end of the day the battery is at around 75-80%.
2. The build quality of the Nokia phones is really good.
3. The OS does not crash and is pretty stable.
4. The camera on my Lumia 720 is really awesome.
5. The call quality on Nokia phones is good.
6. GPS and Wi Fi connectivity is really good.
7. The wordflow keyboard is awesome.

The only thing keeping me with WM ecosystem was the microsoft and nokia apps like office,here etc.
Now that the apps have been ported to Android , i really dont see any reason to continue with the Windows Mobile ecosystem.

The views mentioned here are personal.

Last edited:

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
let's say at this point I'm 100% staying with Windows, but between upgrade to Lumia 950 or staying with 930 I'm still 65:35.

PS: The Acer flagship Windows phone looks tempting and it's gonna get the Lumia Camera anyway... that could be an alternative for me

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I bought my 11yr old a Windows phone, her friends have no idea what a windows phone is, most have Android, the few wealthy ones have iPhones. She has already complained that she can't get the apps that she wants. (ie Popjam) and is saving up for a non Windows phone .Microsoft has completely overlooked the younger generation.

I'm a Windows fan, the app gap hasn't bothered me until recently. But my mobile operator provides WiFi calling and texting, only they don't have a Windows app for it, so I can't use it...meh. There are quite a few other apps I was interested in, but again no Windows.

I will stick with my 1020 for as long as I can, because of the camera, but if another 40mp flagship doesn't happen (and it won't), then I might look at an LG Android.

Serpentbane

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
WP is by far the best OS in my opinion, and even if it lacks a bit when it comes to apps, I will certainly continue buying Windows Devices. By doing so, and if more People do it too, more Developers will make apps for the platform. Not that it bothers me much on a daily basis.

My wife and three kids all have Windows Phones, and they had to have Snap Chat. As a compromise, I bought them an iPad each for those need to have apps. However, I demanded they kept it a Secret.

The Batman IRL

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Just switched to Android....from a Lumia 1020, there is no going back now.
MS barely support their own mobile platform, the app gap, poor WP versions of apps and MS lack of support for XBOX games on WP made me change.

PLUS my 1020 coming up with a boot screen complaining of no bootable media didn't help matters. Bought a cheap android phone instead, a good move it seems so far.

Anirudh Sriraam

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Been a windows mobile 5, 6, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 beta user only. I liked the device quality, battery life, but now I hardly get a couple of hours on my Lumia 925. Although I would definitely go for 950XL, I'm not quite sure its USP to think of windows 10 mobile as great. I sincerely hope the operating system works much smoother, exceptionally faster, with brilliant multi tasking and quick to response. Furthermore, the devices should be made slightly cheaper for a year till the next flagship devices are out to allow non-traditional users to give it a try.

Lets see..

Xaxxus

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd Windows Smartphone from TELUS mobility.

2006 - Motorola Q9c WM6
2009 - LG iQ WM6.5
2012 - Samsung ATIV S WP8.1.1
2015 - Lumia?

The only thing stopping me from buying a new Lumia this year is if Microsoft is using the crappie Snapdragon 810 in their flagship phone, right now waiting to see if it is the 810 or 820?

Snapdragon 820 is definitely in my next phone!

The 820 isnt even out yet. Nobody has it in their devices and they wont until next year.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)