Develop Windows Universal Apps

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is the correct forum. Apologies if this isn't.
Here is the dilemma.
My local network has an Android and iPhone app. As obvious, there is no windows app. I contacted them and they basically gave the summarized answer. "We apologize for the inconvenience we'll look into it."
Now being a WP fan, I want to suggest easy ways for them to either create a universal app or port over the existing app from the other two OS's.
Here are my questions:
1. Is it better to start from scratch and create a UWA?
2. I know of Astoria and Islandwood. I do take note that Astoria now seems to be "on hold." What about Islandwood? Is that a viable option?
3. Lastly, I would like to forward the links to UWA, Astoria and Islandwood to my network tech team. Can any developer or those "in the know" kindly forward the links to where my local network tech team can read about these projects and also be able to download the necessary tools? (Not being lazy, binged and googled, and the related info is a bit overwhelming for me.)
Thank you so very much for any assistance.
P.S. I may only be a small fish in the pond but with this info I feel more confident approaching my local banks and other agencies to do the same. I would also implore other fans to try doing this. At least give it a try to at least start plugging the app gap. So far my local network and my bank have shown interest in creating a Windows app.

EMitchell

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My local network has an Android and iPhone app. As obvious, there is no windows app. I contacted them and they basically gave the summarized answer. "We apologize for the inconvenience we'll look into it."
I used to wonder why MSFT wouldn't just hire an army of coders and churn out ports of popular apps. I read somewhere that developing the apps isn't really the problem, in fact MSFT has offered to multiple companies a fully developed app. But the ownership of the app would pass to the company, and they would therefore be responsible for maintaining it and dealing with problems, which most companies aren't eager to do.

For your network, it would make sense if they have multiple WP users to offer support, the example I cited above was more for retail customers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers