Switching to Windows Phone. Anyone else?

anon(9738275)

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
So I've been really impressed with Windows 10. I've installed it on my desktop PC and my laptop. It's definitely a step in the right direction.

So I've decided to entirely move to the Windows ecosystem. I've sold my android tablet and am getting a windows 10 tablet. I like the fact I can connect my tablet to a keyboard, mouse, external hard drives and monitor and run normal windows 10 if needed. I'm plan to sell my android phone and get a Microsoft phone.

The only apps I used on android is the Halifax (UK bank), camera, kindle app, MX player, a MP3 player, Google Maps, Google Drive, Facebook and sometimes the Google Plus app to make status updates app. From what I can see on the app store there are similar apps including my bank app for a Microsoft phone. I currently have office 2013 but was thinking of getting office 365 personal so I can use it with one drive across all my devices.

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Its all about who feels comfortable with what. Every device and OS has its own unique capabilities of making the consumers feel comfortable in their own way. Doesn't have to be a war always :) . Welcome !

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard! It might be rough in the beginning, but once you start to feel comfortable with that everything is different from Android... You will love it. :) It will feel like a companion instead of a nuisance.

anon(9738275)

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys.

For desktop I've gone from Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98. Windows ME and to Windows XP.

I then got myself a Mac and an IPhone. I was fully invested in that eco-system but still used Microsoft Office. Unfortunately with my Mac I was always dual booting it into Windows 7. Unhappy with Apple (The high expense being one of them and hating the new look of IOS7). I got a Windows 8 laptop and a Samsung Android phone. The Samsung Android phones seem as expensive as Apple but had a lot of bloated unremovable Apps. I also got fed up with how long Samsung took to issue updates. I bought my Mum and Dad Windows phones last year as they know Windows 8 and as they are new to smartphones seemed an easy transition. The Microsoft eco system looks quite appealing so will be a welcome change.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll switch to Windows Phone sometime in August 2013...

One of the best things I'll do considering how I use my phones.

Then a couple years later I'll double back and welcome you to the board.

TechADD

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to switch to Windows phone, but it seems harder than I thought for Microsoft to take my money and send me a phone.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android on my BlackBerry

garryknight

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Bought a Lumia 930 a few weeks ago. Enjoying it more than I did with my Galaxy S2. The 930 is faster, has more storage, is better-looking with a better-looking OS, and has the apps I need.

The only thing I miss (that I can think of, off the top of my head) is the ability to connect a file manager to my LAN, which I could do using ES File Manager on Android). It saved connecting a cable as it worked over WiFi, and my folders showed up as a drive in Windows. But I keep my data on my Android tablet now so bye-bye, S2.

lakebay

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Bought a Lumia 930 a few weeks ago. Enjoying it more than I did with my Galaxy S2. The 930 is faster, has more storage, is better-looking with a better-looking OS, and has the apps I need.

The only thing I miss (that I can think of, off the top of my head) is the ability to connect a file manager to my LAN, which I could do using ES File Manager on Android). It saved connecting a cable as it worked over WiFi, and my folders showed up as a drive in Windows. But I keep my data on my Android tablet now so bye-bye, S2.

Try ShareFolder Explorer. Not as good as ES, but it works.

I'm another convert. Ditched my Galaxy S5 for a Lumia 930. It is tough transition, but I think I'll make it work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99