Thinking of getting a Lumia 640

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Been using the 950 for about 3 weeks now a d quite like it so far. But I dont use the features such as windows hello and continuum etc. Primarily use it dor talk, text,email and browsing. So I feel ive oaid too much for it and wondering about getting a new 640 foe about 100 Canadian

U know its a low end phone but the user reviews are good. It might work fine for my use.

What do u guys think? I can still return my 950 for another week or so.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Compared to the 950, it might seem low end, but it sounds like it would work great for you. The 640s camera is great for that price point, and it generally has nice battery life and runs pretty good. You'll probably need an sd card if you like a lot of apps.

Unless you need Windows 10 Mobile out the box, I would say skip the 550, and go with the 640.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
But u have a great camera with oils are u willing to downgrade the camera ? Especially the front camera 5mp to 0.9 Mp on the 640

Sent from mTalk

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Been using the 950 for about 3 weeks now a d quite like it so far. But I dont use the features such as windows hello and continuum etc. Primarily use it dor talk, text,email and browsing. So I feel ive oaid too much for it and wondering about getting a new 640 foe about 100 Canadian

U know its a low end phone but the user reviews are good. It might work fine for my use.

What do u guys think? I can still return my 950 for another week or so.
I have the Lumia 640 and I've never really found the camera "wanting" enough to make me pay 6 times the price, and for "text,email and browsing" it's plenty good enough. As to the front facing camera on the 640, unless you're into taking lot's of selfies, it's perfectly adequate for Skype Video.

Double Blue Jay

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
You simply cannot go wrong for the price and features. This is my first Windows phone and can only compare it to the galaxy s4 I had, while a capable phone, for about $300 less than that phone was new, the 640 is head and shoulders above it for my needs. All the apps(that I need), except for Sirius XM are accounted for. Highly recommended. Joined insider after a week on 8, phone runs 10 just fine with no issues encountered. Best $29 I ever spent. This particular phone hopefully will achieve the same status as the Zune, highly under rated, often scorned(for being Windows phone) but in the end a product of superior quality that out performs similar products for hundreds of dollars less

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Bigger is always better . And compared to 640 , this phone has got some stuff .. Been using it for 10 months and i find it awesome ��

Not for all of us lol. I'm sure that it is great but it's way too big for me, especially since I held one in hand once.

I have the Lumia 640 and I've never really found the camera "wanting" enough to make me pay 6 times the price, and for "text,email and browsing" it's plenty good enough. As to the front facing camera on the 640, unless you're into taking lot's of selfies, it's perfectly adequate for Skype Video.

The selfies are good in daylight, and adequate in low light as long as there's some light around you.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Battery performance is awesome even on windows 10 ... It is best buy compared to 730/735 ... Go for 640xl instead of 640.. *proud owner of 640xl✌��*
I am sure the same principle is at work here as with flat screen TVs in that once you get used to viewing on ever larger sizes, it's hard to go back to a smaller one. However, there is a practical size limit with a phone, which of course differs with each individual.

sam sundar

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I am sure the same principle is at work here as with flat screen TVs in that once you get used to viewing on ever larger sizes, it's hard to go back to a smaller one. However, there is a practical size limit with a phone, which of course differs with each individual.

Yea i agree with u .

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Buy 640xl instead ... Its better in many ways and it has a bigger battery and camera too !!!!

XL is too big for me. Anything bugger than 950, I can never buy.

Anyhow bought a brand new 640 last night for $90 Canadian - great deal.

Set it all up and found windows denim quite nice. But I couldn't attach files from the email app. I need this feature while replying emails as I uaw Mt phone a lot for business. So I didn't even lol much. Got the insider preview version of windows 10 on it. So looking good .

I'd still like to try the Windows denim OS. Ia there a way to update email app so that I can attach files while composing an email on windows 8.1?

Sent from mTalk

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
640 is a great phone; build quality is really OK, the plastic back cover is very solid, doesn't scratch too much. 1gb of RAM is enough, 8gb of storage- I think that there should be 16gb, but using SD card resolves this problem. Battery is amazing- currently I'm on wp8.1 but also tried w10m and didn't notice any big changes in terms of battery life. This phone just works. I also had lumia 950 for a couple days and returned it. For me it just wasn't worth the money. I know that the camera on 950 is great but 640 does also a decent job. I use this phone for work and no complaints at all.

justforsabbath

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Well get Lumia 640 without thinking too much, I am using it with W10 Mobile insider .71 on it and its working quite amazing. 5 inch is a perfect size and Lumia 640 has a beautiful camera specially in the outdoors it can be compared with any top line android phones. Its the best value for money phone than buying a budget mid ranger Android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa