Thinking of getting a Lumia 640

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
XL is too big for me. Anything bugger than 950, I can never buy.

Anyhow bought a brand new 640 last night for $90 Canadian - great deal.

Set it all up and found windows denim quite nice. But I couldn't attach files from the email app. I need this feature while replying emails as I uaw Mt phone a lot for business. So I didn't even lol much. Got the insider preview version of windows 10 on it. So looking good .

I'd still like to try the Windows denim OS. Ia there a way to update email app so that I can attach files while composing an email on windows 8.1?

Sent from mTalk

On 8.1 you'll have to go to the app that has the file first and then share it using email. Roundabout, but thats how it worked.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
On 8.1 you'll have to go to the app that has the file first and then share it using email. Roundabout, but thats how it worked.

Yes - this doesn't really work for me as i use emails a lot for business. I need the ability to reply to an email and attach files from the email app itself.

Hence after buying this, within an hour I ended up upgrading to W10. Its a pity - now i dont know about the real performance of 640. If i encounter any lag or crash, it might be due to W10. notice a slight delay in opening and closing apps compared to my 950. Nothing major so far. I'll use 640 as my main phone for a couple of days - if this holds up, I'll return the 950 and save $700!!

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
... so probably most of your unexpected issues will be related to the w10m, because on wp8.1 this phone works without ANY issues!
And saving $700 is solid argument as well :)

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
If you skip LTE revisions of 640,640XL,730 all use the same SoC, so performance will be more or less the same. If OP's on tight budget, go for 640XL/640.

WillBthr

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Went to check out the 950 at ATT (USA) because my Nokia 822 (Verizon) was working fine with Win10m but I wanted a better phone. While checking out the 950 I picked up the 640. Both impressed me but the price difference didn't. I left the store in thought. Long story short. Bought a 640 for $39. from Microsoft (sale),switched to ATT, installed Win10m and all I can say is this phone is excellent in speed, battery life, reliability, photo & video quality etc. No complaints with the exception of glace screen (on while recharging option) is more difficult to read at night without looking directly on-axis vs. my 822. Told two others about the 640 phone and they both got it, install Win10m and really like it. They are only 49$ at MS store now.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Went to check out the 950 at ATT (USA) because my Nokia 822 (Verizon) was working fine with Win10m but I wanted a better phone. While checking out the 950 I picked up the 640. Both impressed me but the price difference didn't. I left the store in thought. Long story short. Bought a 640 for $39. from Microsoft (sale),switched to ATT, installed Win10m and all I can say is this phone is excellent in speed, battery life, reliability, photo & video quality etc. No complaints with the exception of glace screen (on while recharging option) is more difficult to read at night without looking directly on-axis vs. my 822. Told two others about the 640 phone and they both got it, install Win10m and really like it. They are only 49$ at MS store now.
In terms of price vs featureset, I think this has to be one of the best Lumias ever made.

Schnuffi

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a 640 and would and have recomended it to anyone. I wish I could buy a second one for $38 but here in Germany the best I can get one for is €130

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a 640 and would and have recomended it to anyone. I wish I could buy a second one for $38 but here in Germany the best I can get one for is ?130
I dont think reductions are happening in the EU at the moment, and that may have something to do with the 550. In the UK the 640 has always retained it's higher price, and still been a good seller, even the XL still commands a decent amount of money! If I'm honest with you, I bought a couple of 550's for our business, but, give me the 640 any day! The 550's are nice, but for me, the slightly smaller screen doesn't work personally.

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
So finally I ended up returning my Lumia 950 before return period and kept the Lumia 640 I bought a couple of days ago.

Since I dont use continuum and windows hello, I think 950 isn't worth the money for me. Lumia 640 ia a vit slow compared to 950. But I can live with that. It seem to so everything I need ao far

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Ar worst I'll sell this and buy the 950 again

Sent from mTalk

sam sundar

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
So finally I ended up returning my Lumia 950 before return period and kept the Lumia 640 I bought a couple of days ago.

Since I dont use continuum and windows hello, I think 950 isn't worth the money for me. Lumia 640 ia a vit slow compared to 950. But I can live with that. It seem to so everything I need ao far

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Ar worst I'll sell this and buy the 950 again

Sent from mTalk

Maybe we sshould've swapped our phones .. I wish I had a 950 😍

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs