What if the cancelled McLaren phone had actually been released?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This is my fourth post on what if series. You can access the other three here:

So the title says much. Some of you may have heard of the rumoured McLaren device (you can check here in the forums : Lumia 1030 - Windows Central Forums)

What if it had been released in early 2015?
What kind of impact would it have had?
If it was to release next year, how would your expectations change compared with if you had heard of it 2 years ago?
Does such a unique phone have a market or is it just a niche product aimed at fans and enthusiasts?
Which feature from the phone would appeal to you and why?
Would the release of such a phone make any impact if it was to be released next year?

Share your thoughts below

thank you

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I think it might have saved just a few people from jumping ship, provided that it was available enough. I don't think that it would have saved the majority but still.

I haven't really been following it so much, but I think I would still feel like it was a niche product. I think some people might think, ooh this is different but not enough. Cameras on phones are important, but if this wasn't inexpensive, I don't think it would be enough for people to want to buy a phone with a great camera. Probably wouldn't be enough.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently viewed Daniel's review from back in June/July of this device. I enjoyed seeing this from the perspective of just knowing about it. It is interesting because the tech is new, and that kind of tech needs prototype, or a guinea pig in some ways. I believe even though the phone never had a debut, the technology is still there or moved into something else. Maybe holo lens adopted some of it...Take a look a the new Lenovo Phab 2 just being released. Similar or even same technology being used just under an Android canvas. Whether folks are ready or even willing to use it is another question.

sent by mTalk

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft / Nokia is decent at hardware and what i need the most is the operating system that can give me a good experience and hence because of this i believe Nokia Lumia Mclaren would have been the prize product that could end all loses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serdezdezen