If you could choose any device...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
If you could choose any current or past device, of any OEM or manufacturer, which device would you choose to have running Windows 10 Mobile?

A Samsung Galaxy Note 5? An iPhone 6s? Maybe a Blackberry Priv?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I would choose the Sony Xperia z5 (or z3) compact...or even the iPhone SE. Both might sound crazy, but I'll love to have a Windows 10 Mobile experience in a small device that doesn't have bad specs.

More so leaning towards the compact because there are colors there!

Danobe

Jun 2, 2016
Visit site
Never looked much at Blackberrys (Blackberries?) as they're not exactly big outside of the US (I live in Europe). But I just took a look at the BB Priv - that is a nice phone! I wish my 950 had that slide-out keyboard - I thoroughly miss my Samsung keyboards of yore.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
But I just took a look at the BB Priv - that is a nice phone!

I checked one out at the store. It is, surprisingly, one of the best in-hand experiences i've had. Something about it just feels so right.

I would choose the Sony Xperia z5 (or z3) compact.

A Sony device was my first thought as well. Those Xperia's do not get the credit they deserve for design.

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I checked one out at the store. It is, surprisingly, one of the best in-hand experiences i've had. Something about it just feels so right.

A Sony device was my first thought as well. Those Xperia's do not get the credit they deserve for design.

They get way too much credit if you ask me. They're some of the ugliest phones out there.

Sent from mTalk

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Nokia 1520 with 950 XL inners. Love the size. Still switch between the 1520 and the 950 XL with a little Nexus 6 thrown in for variety.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I used to long for Windows on a redesigned Sony smartphone.
Of course that will never happen.

My dream Windows device would still be something from Sony similar to the water resistant Xperia line.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I remain hopelessly in love with the design of the Nokia E7-00.

Give it a 5.5" 1080p IPS display, SD 820, 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal + UHS-III microSD slot, 20MP camera and all the anodized color options of the original. :kiss:

Nokia-E7-00-7.jpg

nokia-e7-colours-pl.jpg

What the heck, you can add a couple more colors if you want: gold, rose gold, yellow, red all come to mind.

Build it and take my money.

And here's a thing about this phone. I looked and looked for the longest time. Until the Ovi Store went down (taking the functionality of the device with it) the Nokia E7-00 held so much of its original value that it was at iPhone-esque resale rates for years on end...

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
As of this present time it would be the Sony Xperia Z3 ... near perfect for me (but my Nokia 985's camera is overall a better picture/video taker (qualitywise)

wgs84

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
My HP Stream 8 5909. W10 runs awful on it, lags like frozen molasses, connected standby NEVER works, battery-draining sleep issues, constant driver issues (I had to roll back on a Wifi "update" because it prevented the tablet from connecting to anything), split screen doesn't work in tablet mode (I try to snap to one side, and it'll just snap back to full screen), and it's just darn near unusable.

I'm serious. If I could find some way to install W10m on my Stream 8, I would do it in a heartbeat.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I agree with sticking with the Lumia 1520. :) Although, I'm sticking with wp8.1 for now.

If something happened to my 1520 and I needed to replace it with a current 2016 device, I'd wish to be able to install Windows 10 mobile on the Sony Xperia series.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would be a sucker for an updated Lumia 920 or Pre 3.

I like the iPhone's size but I'm not enamored to the design. (which is quite good though)

ayngling

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
The Blackberry Q10. Best. Phone. Ever. I still miss that thing. Give it a better camera, a processor that can run Continuum and some ram and you have the perfect phone for me.

I'd settle for a BlackBerry PRIV though. Especially if BlackBerry ported their Hub. (They have said they will as part of their "BlackBerry Experience Suite", eventually.)

In fact, at this point I'd pretty much buy any Windows 10 phone that comes out with a physical keyboard, even if it is way bigger than I want it. HP Elite X3 has pogo pins, I hope someone makes a keyboard accessory that is half decent.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I remain hopelessly in love with the design of the Nokia E7-00.

Give it a 5.5" 1080p IPS display, SD 820, 3GB RAM, 32GB Internal + UHS-III microSD slot, 20MP camera and all the anodized color options of the original. :kiss:

View attachment 127679

View attachment 127680

What the heck, you can add a couple more colors if you want: gold, rose gold, yellow, red all come to mind.

Build it and take my money.

And here's a thing about this phone. I looked and looked for the longest time. Until the Ovi Store went down (taking the functionality of the device with it) the Nokia E7-00 held so much of its original value that it was at iPhone-esque resale rates for years on end...

Don't forget OIS, 6 lens zeiss optics and a HD wide angle ffc for those skype / conferences calls ;).

All that is completely plausible :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99