Something is wrong about the app market

quiret

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I think this picture, this marketing strategy displayed by a network of companies, says it all.

lhO1WJQ.jpg

Google and Android appears to team up against Windows Phone 10. At least here in Germany you get spammed with those things and no Windows Phone ad in sight. This has to change.

i would have never expected Apple and Android to be together like this. apple must really feel threatened by Microsoft.

What do you guys think? Will we ever see a "Available for Windows Phone" ad on the streets? If you have a real life example, please post it here! :)

anon(9668900)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Same in India too. Every roadside start-up has an app for Android and iPhone, none for Windows (with a standard "it will be in development in the near future" reply to mails).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Uhhh, there's no conspiracy here. It's up to the advertiser or developer to create the ad. They have Android and iOS apps so they put that on the ad.

Google and Apple don't have much control over what the ads are like.

quiret

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
I dont think that this is right. Microsoft is losing revenue because developers do not target Windows. It feels like a nail to the coffin that Pokemon GO follows the same strategy.

"It is up to the advertiser or developer to create the ad." This is true. But I think it might violate EU cartel laws (less liberal social laws).

And then there is Google spamming their search engine with Google Chrome ads if you are running Edge. Putting Windows and Internet Explorer together was criticised in the past. Why can Google get away with it?

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
And then there is Google spamming their search engine with Google Chrome ads if you are running Edge. Putting Windows and Internet Explorer together was criticised in the past. Why can Google get away with it?
People forget things easily nowadays (too preoccupied with dumb things like Pokemon Go and reality shows).

Lee Power

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Might also be developers & companies flawed thinking " It's Windows, they don't need us to make them an app as they have a web browser to use "

quiret

Jul 16, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for your insights, guys. I appreciate this Windows community and I have been using Microsoft Software since I was a child. Buying my Lumia 950 was a historical choice for me, Continuum is amazing.

thron, I agree. But especially targeting Windows users makes me feel uncomfortable.
Lee Power, you are mentioning the withdrawal of PayPal and Amazon from the Windows economy. I think this sounds like a death-wish. But I am not afraid because Microsoft is a strong company.

About the withdrawal from the Smartphone market: don't be too hasty, Satya. It was Bill Gates dream to have Windows on mobile phones. You make them successful for the business sector. Windows 10 is a powerful platform.

God bless you, friends :)

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
thron, I agree. But especially targeting Windows users makes me feel uncomfortable.
Lee Power, you are mentioning the withdrawal of PayPal and Amazon from the Windows economy. I think this sounds like a death-wish. But I am not afraid because Microsoft is a strong company.
I don't think anyone is targeting Windows users (except the Snapchat guy; he has some real hate for Microsoft. I'm assuming they turned him down for a job or something.)

The 'loss' of big apps could just as easily be working on a UWP app and if they need to upgrade back end software to do so, that may render older versions of the app unstable or unusable. Poor communication by not relaying such info to existing users..

On the flip side, it's also good not to be dependent on apps. Less phone time can be nothing but healthy for most people. :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon