Is there any confirmed plans for any new Windows Phones?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My answer is no.

There will other less definitive answers forthcoming however.
Looking pretty dismal for new phones actually.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
New Windows Phones. Nope.

New Windows 10 Mobile devices. Yep. The new deal is no more Lumia. Many OEMs are entering the fray, some of them are only regional however.

You are in the US, correct?

What are you looking for? A new Lumia? It appears that won't happen. Surface Phone? They are playing their cards close to their vest. A superphone? HP Elite X3, Acer Liquid Jade Primo or Alcatel Idol Pro 4. A midrange? Acer Liquid 330 or the upcoming Moly PcPhone or the existing Moly X1.

NuAns Neo tried to jump over here from Japan, but their Kickstarter fell flat.

There are OEMs testing the waters and if the consumers don't support them then the phones may indeed be even harder to find.

Check this article out by Jason Ward. You may want to look at the whole series, but at least read the capper: Microsoft and the duo user Part V: The 13 companies building Windows 10 phones | Windows Central

More specifics in your question might get some pointed answers.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
maybe after they see no one steps in they will finally make roms available for at least a few decent phones, like S7 edge and htc 10 etc

RobertP1

May 22, 2016
Visit site
New Windows Phones. Nope.

New Windows 10 Mobile devices. Yep. The new deal is no more Lumia. Many OEMs are entering the fray, some of them are only regional however.

You are in the US, correct?

What are you looking for? A new Lumia? It appears that won't happen. Surface Phone? They are playing their cards close to their vest. A superphone? HP Elite X3, Acer Liquid Jade Primo or Alcatel Idol Pro 4. A midrange? Acer Liquid 330 or the upcoming Moly PcPhone or the existing Moly X1.

NuAns Neo tried to jump over here from Japan, but their Kickstarter fell flat.

There are OEMs testing the waters and if the consumers don't support them then the phones may indeed be even harder to find.

Check this article out by Jason Ward. You may want to look at the whole series, but at least read the capper: Microsoft and the duo user Part V: The 13 companies building Windows 10 phones | Windows Central

More specifics in your question might get some pointed answers.

I am in the US and was thinking on the lines of the Surface Phone or something that would compete with the Iphone and the flagship Androids

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume that if you wanted a 950 or 950 XL you would have one by now.

Acer Liquid Jade Primo is the best bet for a currently available Flag that is Factory Unlocked.

Snapdragon 808, 32GB internal + microSD, 3GB RAM, 5.5" 1080p display, 21MP rear camera... Acer Liquid Jade Primo - Windows Central Forums

It's out now at the Microsoft Store and is bundled with a Continuum dock, mouse and keyboard for $650.

HP Elite X3 is on preorder, but IMHO it really is geared for Enterprise and you pay for features you probably don't need or can even use like the ability to run HP Workspace virtualization of your company's desktop applications.

Alcatel's upcoming Idol Pro 4 is likely to be T-Mo only in the US. Good news if you are a T-Mo user and need their WiFi Calling. No release date as of yet.

Coship Moly PcPhone is due soon, I would think. We've had advance word for some time and maybe they were just waiting to get an RTM of the Anniversary Update? No word on price. They had a gimmick going on their website where you could name the price you wanted to pay. I'm sure many people posted ridiculously low requests. I will say Coship appears to really know how to manufacture a tight device. The PcPhone will have Continuum, but really isn't a Flag. It will have SD 617, 32GB internal, 13MP rear camera, 6" 1080p screen and 3GB RAM which will be nice for versatility.

If you are on Verizon or Sprint the whole issue looks grim. No OEMs seem to want to make a W10M device for them.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I not only believe we need to support the OEMs but app developers as well. Buying an app you hardly use is a way of showing support. Its a chicken and egg thing but apps are certainly at least an egg. More and better apps will increase the chances of more OEMs stepping to the plate.

Sent from mTalk

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
alcatel confirmed it already its just a matter of when and its going to be on tmobile and there will be a unlocked version. I thought they were waitin for redstone since it has a fingerprint scanner so i would say sometime in the next month or 2 it should be released im keeping a eye on this myself

Sent from mTalk

RobertP1

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I assume that if you wanted a 950 or 950 XL you would have one by now.

Acer Liquid Jade Primo is the best bet for a currently available Flag that is Factory Unlocked.

Snapdragon 808, 32GB internal + microSD, 3GB RAM, 5.5" 1080p display, 21MP rear camera... Acer Liquid Jade Primo - Windows Central Forums

It's out now at the Microsoft Store and is bundled with a Continuum dock, mouse and keyboard for $650.

HP Elite X3 is on preorder, but IMHO it really is geared for Enterprise and you pay for features you probably don't need or can even use like the ability to run HP Workspace virtualization of your company's desktop applications.

Alcatel's upcoming Idol Pro 4 is likely to be T-Mo only in the US. Good news if you are a T-Mo user and need their WiFi Calling. No release date as of yet.

Coship Moly PcPhone is due soon, I would think. We've had advance word for some time and maybe they were just waiting to get an RTM of the Anniversary Update? No word on price. They had a gimmick going on their website where you could name the price you wanted to pay. I'm sure many people posted ridiculously low requests. I will say Coship appears to really know how to manufacture a tight device. The PcPhone will have Continuum, but really isn't a Flag. It will have SD 617, 32GB internal, 13MP rear camera, 6" 1080p screen and 3GB RAM which will be nice for versatility.

If you are on Verizon or Sprint the whole issue looks grim. No OEMs seem to want to make a W10M device for them.

I am on T-Mobile and you are probably right about the Elite X3. It does look like an amazing device but not for the everyday user. Thanks so much for your thoughtful reply

Last edited:

RobertP1

May 22, 2016
Visit site
If you're on T-Mobile then the Alcatel Idol 4 Pro is going to be the one for you. This looks the only non Lumia consumer phone at the moment, apart from the existing Alcatel of course. It recently passed WiFi certification so at the speed T-Mobile works, you might see this phone in another 6 months :asleep:

Alcatel Idol 4 Pro Wi-Fi certification hints at T-Mobile release - TmoNews

I tried the Alcatel Fierce Xl with Windows 10 and it was just OK... I am glad that I tried it, but it is not something that I would want to live with for any extended period of time

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried the Alcatel Fierce Xl with Windows 10 and it was just OK... I am glad that I tried it, but it is not something that I would want to live with for any extended period of time
Yes it wasn't a particularly outstanding phone though it seemed decent enough. Not as good as my Lumia 640 though. I remember taking some photos with the demo unit and one thing I didn't like was that the EXIF didn't even show that it was taken with an Alcatel Phone! When going back through old photos, I like to know what device it was taken on. The newer one is more of a flagship so hopefully the camera is better. I wonder how well the current Alcatel has sold, as I can imagine at this point only Windows Phone Enthusiasts would consider it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb