I Will Not Complain about Not Having Android Auto Again

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
One frustration I've had with my 950XL and now Elite X3 is the lack of compatibility with my new Chevy Malibu and the MyTouch infotainment. The car supports both Andorid Auto and Apple CarPlay. Of course, Microsoft stayed out of the consortium even though they have/had SYNC.

In any case, I put my extra SIM into my work SGS 6 today to give Android Auto a test.

First - I was expecting to be able to use Waze. Waze is the ONLY app I've found which can handle Los Angeles traffic. I drive about 17 miles to work, and can take any of fifteen different routes depending on current traffic - all freeway, some freeway, no freeway and various streets. Waze does a decent job of re-routing me when needed. Unfortunately, when I fired up Android Auto, I was only able to use Google Maps. It did have some traffic data but not what I needed and there was no ability to report police or accidents.

Second - when the device is plugged in, my Bluetooth doesn't work. I had hoped to use the Bluetooth on my Elite X3 but no luck.

Third, when I stopped at Starbucks, I left the device plugged in. I got back in the car had had this nasty screen on the phone. I had to unplug the phone, restart it then plug it back in for AA to work.

Screenshot_20170130-091312.png

Fail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes