Tech reporters also responsible for windows mobile failure

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
When we talk about windows mobile failure, first thing comes to our mind is lack of apps! its not only lack of apps but also some reporters & tech bloggers responsible, they are so expert in bullying, they talk negative, write negative about windows mobile platform! All their negative reviews, comments force people to stay away from windows mobile! Even Microsoft afraid to do brave thing with its mobile platform! Microsoft do less marketing because of those tech reporters & bloggers who secretly licking android & iPhones ***

Faisal Islam2

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
No its not! This tech bloggers reporters negative reviews impact on developers mind and developers lose their interest for developing apps for windows mobile! Basically negative marketing responsible for windows mobile failure

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft do less marketing because of those tech reporters & bloggers who secretly licking android & iPhones

Well tech-bloggers simply use what works for them.

Failure usually is generated from within.
Microsoft has had more than their share of forgotten failures so I think the company is used to bad decisions just going away.

What I see is a foggy roadmap teamed with over confidence believing that many should follow blindly.
Same deal could lead to a steep decline for iOS eventually.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
At one point I would've agreed, but Microsoft's own failings make it so I don't think it matters what kind of press they got.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
This is the same excuse Blackberry users make. Blame tech bloggers. What happened happened. Now its time to look forward.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
This topic has come up many times before and I haven't changed my opinion. I think a very low number of mobile users read tech blogs. Therefor they influence a small num er of people looking for cell phones. I've always felt most people buy a cellphone based on what their friends use.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
No its not! This tech bloggers reporters negative reviews impact on developers mind and developers lose their interest for developing apps for windows mobile! Basically negative marketing responsible for windows mobile failure
I was just trying to be sarcastic, no offence. :p

J Dubbs

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
The reason Windows phone isn't getting any app support is because their market share is non-existent, plain and simple. It's a waste of a developer's money creating an app for Windows phones.
We wouldn't throw our money away, why should we expect them to?

Windows phones are my favorite...But I can't control what Microsoft does with them. So I have to buy what works for me from the available phones on the market just like you guys do, and that happens to not be a Windows phone anymore. Life goes on 😞

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I think there is a little confirmation bias going on here in that when things start to head south there is a tendency to blame the critics rather than where the fault actually lies.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, we all should know Samsung paid a lot of tech reviewers to do excellent Note7 reviews, Internet was full of that at one point,also the phone did great (until the bomb situation) but nobody would known if the phone was or not great, it's part of Microsoft to support all the tech reviewers they can.

I know some which speak very good of the WIN10M but there hand are tied because MS is not releasing a campaign and is not strong fighter in the marketing war.

So, there is not only one to blame.

Maybe it's related with the fact that MS is making a lot of products with almost no competition, like Windows, maybe a lot others and they don't care very much about marketing.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Even though Microsoft seem to effectively be done with Windows Phone devices (regardless of whether we simply call it Windows Phone or Windows 10 Mobile on a Phone) they're probably not going to be in a hurry to abandon Windows 10 Mobile. The reason I say this, is because I'm betting they're cautious that suddenly dropping it will poison the well for future products even if they're not phone based simply because they share the Windows Brand.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I get the feeling that above it all Microsoft or at least the mobile division is wondering what will happen themselves.
When I look at all this WM "this or that" discussion it reminds of a tattered flag flapping in the wind.

HM84

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site

It is unfair to "blame the media". When I go to sites that talk about phones (be they tech or just news) I skip the articles that say "Nougat" this or "Siri" that. I go straight to the articles that show me, say, how my live tiles can be better used. People just go straight to what they feel is more familiar.

When iPhone ads first came out, they showed what the device can do. They showed full desktop mode browsing, or specific apps that did something you cared about back in the day, like Shazam. Those were 30-second product demos with a cute piano tune in the background. Straight to the point stuff.

At the time, the only other smartphone ad was the Palm. All they showed, as far as I recall, was someone in a green field talking about how she can barely keep her life together without her Palm, without actually showing how the Palm keeps her life together. The only exposure I had to Android back then was that, supposedly, Droid does.

A couple of years later when MS switched from the Enterprise oriented WM6.X to the more consumer aimed (and missed) WP7, they made their own set of ads. The one highlight I can remember is someone dropping his phone into a urinal because, apparently, he is spending too much time on the phone, and WP is going to alleviate that by helping you get to the point faster. Honey, you and I both know, you will never get to the point faster if you pulled your phone out while at the urinal.

The only person who would like this type of "propaganda" is someone who is desperately looking for the names of alternatives to the iPhone. In the end, as far as the whole world is concerned, iPhone has the New York Times app, and then there is this thing with squares of different sizes all over.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
The reason I say this, is because I'm betting they're cautious that suddenly dropping it will poison the well for future products.
Very good point, I have struggled to understand why they keep in running. This could very well be the answer. Drop it now and then what else will be dropped at a moments notice!?

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Part of the blame can certainly be placed to biased reviews and the constant bashing that we have all read a thousand times on various tech sites. The same blame can be placed on carrier sales staff. They almost went out of their way to discourage anyone from buying a WP, and usually with blatant misinformation, ignorance, or bias.

In the end, the biggest fault still lies with Microsoft.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I still cant understand why they could not have produced 1 more decent device superior to the 950, perhaps things were sliding downwards too fast by then and that stopped the future production, but what I have noticed in say the last 4 months that this state of limbo has driven the platform even further downwards, MS are using other Brands like Alcatel and HP to bridge the gap but by not bridging the gap themselves they have shot themselves in the foot, they should have and could have pushed out another device this year, even if it was not a Lumia but a MS phone, this would have injected some life and confidence into the platform. that's my view.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte