What alternative do I have?

Muhammad Nura

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 640 XL DS is more than a year now, and seriously it starts misbehaving (I've never seen a Lumia doing the **** mine is doing now), anyway, I started using Windows on mobile since the days of Windows mobile XX, to Windows Phone 7, to 8, to 8.1 and now Windows 10 mobile. I've never used an android/ios as my main driver.
I love everything about Windows on mobile, I don't really care about App gap, because most of the apps I like and use are there (WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
Now that I want to change my phone, to a newer, better one, I couldn't find a replacement to my old L640XL, HP elite x3 and Alcatel idol4s are not available here in my country (Nigeria) and even if they are, I really can't afford one.
I really really need to change my phone and Microsoft isn't giving me a chance to continue using Windows on my phone and I'm afraid this is a goodbye to Windows mobile.
I'm gonna miss it, but I have no choice :(

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 640 XL DS is more than a year now, and seriously it starts misbehaving (I've never seen a Lumia doing the **** mine is doing now), anyway, I started using Windows on mobile since the days of Windows mobile XX, to Windows Phone 7, to 8, to 8.1 and now Windows 10 mobile. I've never used an android/ios as my main driver.
I love everything about Windows on mobile, I don't really care about App gap, because most of the apps I like and use are there (WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc).
Now that I want to change my phone, to a newer, better one, I couldn't find a replacement to my old L640XL, HP elite x3 and Alcatel idol4s are not available here in my country (Nigeria) and even if they are, I really can't afford one.
I really really need to change my phone and Microsoft isn't giving me a chance to continue using Windows on my phone and I'm afraid this is a goodbye to Windows mobile.
I'm gonna miss it, but I have no choice :(

How about a used 950? I think you can get them for a decent price, not sure what you can afford.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

fschmeck

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
Funnily enough, just today I was browsing the microsoft store and noticed the entire Lumia section was gone. All left is the Idol 4S, HP X3, and some cheaper Acer that in this day and age still only has 8Gb of memory.

It's too bad...and seriously Microsoft? I still use a BB10 device as my primary phone, and in spite of it being a "dead" platform they still sell devices (granted, just the Z3 I think). I've grown fond of my Lumia 650 and loved the old 800 I had back in the day. Such a shame.

JD19

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
In the US, there is still a windows phone section. It is hard to find. There is still the 950 for $298. You can get the 55 for $130.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss