Back-up phone advise!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So I have a Shiny new 950XL and couldn't be in love with Windows Phone more! What a beauty! Anyways, so for the apps, I have a Nexus 6. About the same as the XL, but with more apps.

Now seeing Nokia isn't making (Windows) phones anymore, I wanted to bring home a lesser powerful, back-up device. You know like, one of those devices that you keep when you don't have to charge your first daily driver and you just pick this one up from the drawer and dash out to office.

My choices are:

Lumia 925 (mom has one)

Lumia 930

Lumia 1520 (have used this one for about 6 months)

Now if you were in my position, which one would you pick.

Also, suggest a color too. I'm 32, Male, Indian, living in India. So you know a bright Orange is NOT going to be the best choice in public :p

Cheers!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Pesonally I would say the Lumia 930, it's a no brainer

a) It's easy to pocket whilst travelling especially in crowded buses or trains... try pocketing a L1520 in such a situation without large pockets... :grin:

b) one handed use for navigation and ease of use

But the downsides are no msd card slot and no glance... both of which you get with the 1520

The 925 although a stellar device in it's own right however it's not officially supported on WM10...

If you happen to carry a satchel everywhere (easier than holding a bottle of water every where in the heat) then the 1520 :).

I would go for maybe green, black or white back covers.

The plus other than msd card slot and glance for the 1520 is the crazy battery life on that phone :grin:.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'd go for the 925 personally, I really liked mine when I had it. The loss of Glance on the 930 is a deal breaker for me and the same reason I never ever owned one despite having every other flagship Lumia. I would have said go for the 1520 but as mentioned above it's just a little too big especially as a back up phone. That's the only reason I ever got rid of mine....it was a bit of a slab in my pocket and actually painful to keep hold of on long calls

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I would go 930.

1. I prefer smaller phones over larger models.
2. The 925 would technically work but it's either stuck on 8.1 or would not be reliable enough for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism