Our Phone World Just Shrank (AGAIN)!!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update is only coming to 13 eligible handsets | Windows Central

You've likely seen the news by now. Cussed a lot, didn't you?

Lumia is gone and is not coming back. Surface on Mobile or whatever they will call it is still an unknown time away. Will it materialize? Can't say. When will it release? Can't say. What will it look like? Nobody knows. What will it do? Unknown quantity.

Cerulean is the ONLY W10M DEVICE that I know of which is announced thus far for 2017. Please, I beg you, correct me if I am wrong. No rumors. Link an announcement.

Our phone world just shrank again. I want to see it grow.

A list of OEMs that made WP that have dropped support for the platform includes (in part):
  1. Acer
  2. BLU
  3. Cherry Mobile
  4. Dell
  5. Diginnos
  6. Freetel
  7. HTC
  8. Huawei
  9. Inversenet
  10. Jenesys
  11. Kruger & Matz
  12. LG
  13. Lumia
  14. Micromax
  15. Samsung
  16. Unistrong
  17. Xolo
  18. Yezz
  19. Zebra
  20. ...and sadly there are more as we look farther back and farther afield...

But this doesn't seem to bother anyone as they wait (for noone knows how long) for Surface Mobile and full desktop in their palm. And that will be very expensive in first gen and have growing pains.

High end is fine. I agree. But a platform can't exist just on prosumer hardware. It needs low end right on through or there isn't enough base for more than 2 or 3 makers. Is that what we want? 2-3 very costly devices a year if we are lucky? Do you truly see that sustaining us?

Hey, I like high end too. I'm currently sitting on a 1020, a 1520 and an Idol 4S Windows. What I don't have is more choice. And suddenly I now have even less. I'm investing in more choice for the future.

It's why I'm supporting Cerulean and their 2017 model the Moment. If you don't want us sliding into oblivion, you should support it as well. You don't even have to pledge for one of the 3900 phones needed. You can donate any amount your conscience and wallet advise. Go to the page and click the "Back It" button and enter an amount.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cerulean-moment-smartphone-for-windows-phone-fans/x/16395313#/

Join us in defending the future of the platform. We have some great discussion going over here as well: Cerulean Mobile

#ThisIsOurMoment #CeruleanKnights #OneOfThe3900

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Well put sir. I don't think device makers are just going to start pumping Windows 10 Mobile phones out any time soon, so then instead of waiting people should act now. How they act on this is up to them. I would like to see more companies like Cerulean coming forward like they are, and it won't take much. If the rest of the committed Windows Mobile user base gave up their McD's this week and sent in the cash to the indiegogo site, even that would be a lasting impact. They are doing an excellent job thus far, taking on almost a whole continent N and part of S America as a start up is lot of work. Cerulean's First mobile phone, and lets help to make it not be their last.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

mattiasnyc

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, could be rebranded phones for sure.

The x3 was in a glass case at the recent electronics show. I forget what it's called... Either way, it was an update and was just shown off without any information. I think it might have been a prototype or something. I'm guessing you can find something about it in the dedicated forum for the x3.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I saw that Wileyfox deal this morning... Now I wonder if that and the Trekstor might be rebadged Coships.

Didn't see anything about an X3 refresh... Got link?

I think it was brought up in a couple Window Central podcasts ago.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, could be rebranded phones for sure.

The x3 was in a glass case at the recent electronics show. I forget what it's called... Either way, it was an update and was just shown off without any information. I think it might have been a prototype or something. I'm guessing you can find something about it in the dedicated forum for the x3.
You will hear more come summer, and after the CU settles. HP aint done yet. Question would remain though how far the take it, and IF they see consumers as a focus yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99