Today i was seeing blackberry keyOne handson and wondered if It runs Windows 10 OS, just imagine continnum will also work well, physical keys for opening Apps, W long press for WhatsApp,,space bar is for windows Hello fingerprint sensor as well as to take photos,,, keypad buttons used to scroll edge left, right .... also swipe keypad will also work in this Capacitive like physical keypad..... just re-imagine OMG with RS3 with physical keypad,,,, Pls MS give us with Lumia brand on front not Microsoft let the logo be in back and MS inside notes at bottom,,,, sexy isn't??
    04-07-2017 02:06 PM
    Today i was seeing blackberry keyOne handson and wondered if It runs Windows 10 OS, just imagine continnum will also work well, physical keys for opening Apps, W long press for WhatsApp,,space bar is for windows Hello fingerprint sensor as well as to take photos,,, keypad buttons used to scroll edge left, right .... also swipe keypad will also work in this Capacitive like physical keypad..... just re-imagine OMG with RS3 with physical keypad,,,, Pls MS give us with Lumia brand on front not Microsoft let the logo be in back and MS inside notes at bottom,,,, sexy isn't??
    Interesting. That's TLC who owns Alcatel, correct? Maybe something they would think about if the keyOne is successful.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    04-08-2017 07:59 AM
    This is an intriguing idea. Sadly though, knowing Microsoft, it won't happen.
    04-09-2017 05:14 AM
    This is an intriguing idea. Sadly though, knowing Microsoft, it won't happen.
    Does it have anything to do with Microsoft, or more a 3rd party that is providing the hardware now?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    04-09-2017 06:48 AM
    It's not a question of Microsoft or TCL, it's a question of mapping the keys. It's rare to see capacitive buttons anymore let alone a physical keyboard.
    04-09-2017 02:00 PM
    So far as I know, there haven't been any physical qwerty phones for WP since WP 7.

I've always liked this Nokia E7-00 form factor with the tilt screen landscape qwerty.

nokia-e7-1.jpg

Imagine the glorious amount of room on a qwerty in this form factor with a 6" screen.

Modern internals and display:
    • Snapdragon 835
    • 8GB RAM
    • 256GB internal storage
    • 2TB SD slot running UHS-III speeds
    • 6" 1440x2560 for 489ppi
    • 21MP rear camera with Zeiss/Pureview/OIS, f/1.8, Xenon flash (stills) + RGB LED (video)
    • Fingerprint authentication via swipe pad on the bottom bezel
    • Type-C port in the screen half with quick charge and house the 3.5mm audio jack there
    • USB 3.0 and mini HDMI in the keyboard half
    • Dual batteries, 2600 mAh in screen half, 3200 mAh in keyboard half, both charge over the Type-C port
    • NFC
    • Stereo speakers and Dolby audio record for video
    • 64 bit Windows 10 Desktop

Obviously we are out of Lumia territory here and off into Surface-Land... And terribly expensive. I couldn't afford one first gen, LOL, but trickle some of that down.
    TgeekB, Kevin Rush and fatclue_98 like this.
    04-09-2017 04:13 PM
    Would you like fries 🍟 with that?

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    xandros9 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-09-2017 05:07 PM
    Would you like fries 🍟 with that?

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk
    If they don't cost extra.
    That would be a pretty sweet phone. Sign me up.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S
    fatclue_98 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-09-2017 05:52 PM
    Just give me a Blackberry Passport running Windows Phone. I have been screaming for that phone for over 2 years now. I even bought a Passport and I occasionally hold it in my hand, close my eyes and try to will it into changing into a Windows Phone just through my thoughts. Hasn't happened yet but every once in a while I get the feeling that I'm getting closer. Every once in a while.
    rasputin01 and RumoredNow like this.
    04-09-2017 09:45 PM