Positive Windows phone news thread

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Fluent design system on Windows 10 mobile UWP apps (People have noted they visually differ slightly from desktop: indeed groove looks nothing like this on my desktop CU, and Films & TV doesn't have any FDS for me):

Films & TV on windows 10 mobile:
View attachment 135683

Groove Music on windows 10 mobile:
View attachment 135684

BTW are these on the mobile OS already, or insiders, or still coming?

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site

In case people don't click:

"Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore: Windows Phone Is Not Dead"

Speaking to BI in an interview, Belfiore briefly discussed the future of Windows phones, and although no specifics were provided, he denied reports claiming that Windows Phone as a platform is dead.
“We’re going to continue to support Windows Phone,” he said, explaining that all the focus on Android and iOS is only happening because its customers are using more devices powered by various operating systems. As a result, it’s essential for the company to make it possible to connect to all services no matter the platform.

In case people don't click:

"Microsoft’s Joe Belfiore: Windows Phone Is Not Dead"

Speaking to BI in an interview, Belfiore briefly discussed the future of Windows phones, and although no specifics were provided, he denied reports claiming that Windows Phone as a platform is dead.
“We’re going to continue to support Windows Phone,” he said, explaining that all the focus on Android and iOS is only happening because its customers are using more devices powered by various operating systems. As a result, it’s essential for the company to make it possible to connect to all services no matter the platform.

Honestly I d know why its nessasary to even say this other than people with wives tales, hyperbole and nashing of teeth.

Last edited by a moderator:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I can't take a picture of my GroupMe group due to privacy but GroupMe updated on iOS and Windows phone (and probably Android as well) today to add poll support! You can create polls and participate in them too.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I can't take a picture of my GroupMe group due to privacy but GroupMe updated on iOS and Windows phone (and probably Android as well) today to add poll support! You can create polls and participate in them too.

Hoping they soon have dark theme support for Windows as well. Didn't know about the poll support. Might have to put that to use.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
That's great news. This is truly a great youtube app. It would be nice if there was an option to automatically go to fullscreen when you turn the phone to landscape, but I did just discover on accident that you can double tap the video and it goes to fullscreen. I don't know if that is new or not, but I just discovered it.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Just found whilst looking in the Windows Store - the Go series, used to be win32s on the PC platform. Then they went to the store via the centennial bridge (pc only), which is how they were the last time I looked. NOW, they are full UWP, and fully ported.

IDK how new this is as far as news goes, But Lara Croft GO, Deus Ex Go and Hitman Go are all now available for windows 10 mobile.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Just found whilst looking in the Windows Store - the Go series, used to be win32s on the PC platform. Then they went to the store via the centennial bridge (pc only), which is how they were the last time I looked. NOW, they are full UWP, and fully ported.

IDK how new this is as far as news goes, But Lara Croft GO, Deus Ex Go and Hitman Go are all now available for windows 10 mobile.
I think these already support windows mobile

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)