What would it take for you to come back to Windows Mobile?

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still here, I haven't left. I hate apple and I think android is complicated. WP till I or it dies. If it does, I'll look into a Nokia 3310 reboot and carry a microsoft surface with me, and a digital camera and live the 2000's all over again.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I have had a few WP devices (L710, Ativ S, L830, L930). And enjoyed them as second devices (apart from the Ativ S, when it was my main device for 6 months). I would like to buy another now to run with which ever Android phone has my main sim but what choice is there in the UK? Nothing. The L950/XL are horrible (I have tried the extensively) and I don't want a device running the 2015 Qualcomm SoCs anyway as they are terrible. So the only way for me to return is for there to be actual phones and devices to buy. Guess I will be waiting for this "paradigm shift" that the MS Surface device will bring. Question is, will I still care in 2018?

Ben Palmer

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
My 950 XL has a brocken glass and needs replacement. There seems to be no way to get a replacement, so what other choices do we have? I definitely appreciate the Start screen and it's live tiles as well as the seamless integration of my phone into the Windows real estate, I would dearly miss this.

What would it take to keep me in the Windows Mobile world? A device!

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I haven't left, and don't want to leave. What would make me stay is being able to buy a reliable new handset at a reasonable price with an OS that would be supported for at least two years. My current L830 ticked all those boxes when I bought it.

anon(5346243)

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
What would it take for you to come back to a Windows Mobile? -> Simple; release true flagship hardware NOW!

Where are the ultimate mobile devices/cellular PCs promised by Microsoft? 2018 will be too late, everyone will have jump ship and move to a different ecosystems (which is harder than simply changing phone)

I am still in, with my 950 XL and Band2, but my MS ****** loyalty is getting seriously eroded by the lack of consumer commitment of MS towards Consumer market (appart for XbOX related product).

Get more hardware supporting Windows 10 mobile... or announce now a soon(tm) to be release category defining cellular PC (soon = 2017, not 2020!). Rumours of Windows on ARM for Cloud tablets/book are not enough, I need a category defining "pocketable" device.
Windows 10 Mobile is a great OS, but there is no hardware to run in onto...
I would love to recommend Windows Phone, but when people ask me what they can buy, my answer is simple, you can't buy it! (same for the band 2, they like it, they would like to get one, but they can't buy it) hence they go to Android or iOS...

The 950/950XL are nice phones, but nearly 2 years old by now!
There are no "sexy" flagship phones on the market running Windows 10.
Launch a S8(+) with windows 10 mobile OS (not apps) and that would grab people attention once again...
App Gap? I have all the apps I need in the windows store, so not so much of an issue for me.

How long before I jump ship... soon(tm)!

jimmy s1

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
hmmm, MS should have partnered with Xiaomi or Oneplus to make a flagship killer kind of a device at an affordable rate. i was on the platform since the beginning, but now i see no point, MS ditching upgrades for the current hardware, even scrapping that idea of porting apps from other platforms, and when the new phone was released it was always running on the previous generation hardware specs

i think MS just did not care enough for the platform or its user base

Ian_Superfly

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
1. Focus! IF Microsoft do not believe in, or even care about, their phones, why should we?
2. Apps. We need all “big” apps + small “local ones”. BIG sponsoring from Microsoft OR the possibility to run Android apps is badly needed.
3. Killer features. What do I gain if I chose a windows phone?
4. New models, there are no interesting phones available

Steve Z

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
An app for Uber drivers would bring me back quickly. But is has to be an app that functions just as well as it does on iPhone and android.

shagkie

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
If they can release competitive flagship phone at the time frame as their competitor then I wouldn't have left windows phone. I was frustrated because there is no new flagship phone(s) to replace my aging Nokia. I like windows phone OS and there's nothing much wrong with it with the exception that there's not enough core apps that users need. If MS release a nice and competitive Surface Phone I would be back without a doubt.

bitfidler57

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
First of all I still miss the interface of Windows Mobile/Phone. I loved the way it worked.

I was with "Windows phone" starting with my first iMate, then HTC, then Nokia. My problem was none of these were compatible with one another. The first two were attempts to put Windows on a small device - not really succeeding.

To bring me back I'd like to see Microsoft really committed to mobile, with upgrades support for at least 5 years. Not supporting the Lumia 1050 I had for Windows 10 was THE reason I dropped them and went to Apple -- I didn't go to Android because at work I work with that OS and I find it pretty annoying. I'm six months into owning Apple, so Microsoft hopefully you will have your act in-gear in another 4.5 years when I go out looking for a new phone. Oh yeah, why not drop the word "Windows" and replace it with "Microsoft" as in the Microsoft Mobile/UMPC/Phone running Microsoft OS 10.

M_A_Adams

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
It isn't bringing me back, it is keeping me. And if they really want that, put Nadella out and replace him with someone who cares about the users. Time to put up or shut up! Nadella has done little except kill any momentum that the platform was set to have.

mweflen

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Really, just new first party hardware and a commitment to optimization (speed, battery life).

I already love the interface. I don't need convincing. I don't care much about apps - I like Microsoft's native apps (News, Weather, Sports, Outlook, Calendar) quite a bit and rarely miss other trendy stuff.

I just want killer hardware that maintains Windows Phone's historical dominance in imaging.

I have a 950 and wish MS would work on killing the remaining lag and improving battery life. I'm not hopeful.

So I suppose some amazing Surface Phone would lure me "back" at the end of my 950's life. But if not, screw it, I'm getting an Android phone. I'll deal with the crappy interface in order to gain fresh hardware, and of course I'll be able to use Microsoft's native apps on Android anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre