Windows Phone, or something else?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Everyone proudly rocking Windows Phone in here? Or have you moved on to something else? Android? iPhone? If you're into Windows Phone, what makes it best for you in comparison to the other mobile OS's out there?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
IPhone 6S+ as a daily driver only because of work-related apps and Idol 4S for Continuum and all the heavy lifting. About to tell my boss where to stick it any day now so the roles may soon change.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
IPhone 6S+ as a daily driver only because of work-related apps and Idol 4S for Continuum and all the heavy lifting. About to tell my boss where to stick it any day now so the roles may soon change.

Sent from Alcatel Idol 4S with Windows via mTalk

LOL, let us know how that goes.
They use iPhones at my hospital also. I refuse.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
This minute, hour, week, month, I've chosen Android as my daily drivers (GS7/LG G4), the ever mounting app-gap has made this partly so. My 830, 650 and 950 are all running CU, and it's a good bet we'll be giving one of them a go very soon via the ol' SIM swap. Yet, unless things change in the WM field, good bet Android will always be the platform we lean on the most, at least in the foreseeable future.

My wife is and always has been iOS all the way, and yes we easily live in harmony LOL. Personally, I don't mind the platform and can easily adapt if need be, I choose not too because we’re blessed with choice.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
LOL, let us know how that goes.
They use iPhones at my hospital also. I refuse.

Yep, I'm unemployed today. Sucks walking away from a six-figure salary but it's better than being a guest at the Dade County Stockade.

It's cool though. Interviewed this morning and I'm starting a new job Monday. A lot less cha-ching but a lot less stress. One heart attack has proven sufficient.

I can't stress enough how important your health is.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I'm unemployed today. Sucks walking away from a six-figure salary but it's better than being a guest at the Dade County Stockade.

It's cool though. Interviewed this morning and I'm starting a new job Monday. A lot less cha-ching but a lot less stress. One heart attack has proven sufficient.

Congratulations and good luck on the new job! 😊

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

You're a boss! Congrats and good luck with the new one!

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

I fully understand. I love my job and though I may be able to make more money somewhere else it doesn't drive me. It drives me to do what I love.
I hope your new position goes well for you. Sounds like you made the right choice.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Recently ordered an Idol 4s. It's here but I'm on work so I won't get it till Tuesday!

Will probably switch to the Iphone 8 when released in October. If not, then a OnePlus device.... Or i just might stay with Windows phone. Who knows!

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Sticking to the 950 as the daily driver. I feel lucky so I've put it on the fast ring. I mean if it's already feature2 then I can't expect it to break anything major :p

Lately I was thinking about other platforms a lot, just to be 100% sure to what I am going to switch when the time comes and I came to conclusion that Android is simply too vulnerable and overloaded with everything that I don't think I could survive there.

On the other hand I dislike Apple for their mostly overpriced products, but I must admit that iOS looks a lot more safe than Android and that MS apps look more similar to their apps on Windows on iOS. Don't know which phone would I go for though because they're all so ridiculously expensive that I would feel like an i*iot for paying 1000 € for a phone.

I still didn't find a definitive winner between iOS and Android, but overall winner for me is still Windows 10 Mobile for as long as it will live normally.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm on a blackberry phone. Used many android devices. Getting my first windows phone soon I think, may Cortana skill api announcements pending (assuming the skill api comes to windows 10 mobile that is, I'd rather like to use more voice on a phone for tasks).

I'm windows everything else these days. Windows tablet, windows desktop. They are both kind of my babies. I built my cheap arse desktop, by upgrading the smeg out of an old dell. I often treat technology as a project. I like to play

Last edited:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Sticking to the 950 as the daily driver. I feel lucky so I've put it on the fast ring. I mean if it's already feature2 then I can't expect it to break anything major :p

Lately I was thinking about other platforms a lot, just to be 100% sure to what I am going to switch when the time comes and I came to conclusion that Android is simply too vulnerable and overloaded with everything that I don't think I could survive there.

On the other hand I dislike Apple for their mostly overpriced products, but I must admit that iOS looks a lot more safe than Android and that MS apps look more similar to their apps on Windows on iOS. Don't know which phone would I go for though because they're all so ridiculously expensive that I would feel like an i*iot for paying 1000 € for a phone.

I still didn't find a definitive winner between iOS and Android, but overall winner for me is still Windows 10 Mobile for as long as it will live normally.

BB do secure android phones (like the dtek60). They work well with outlook too.

Google and apple aren't my friends, and personally I'd prefer the 950 but if security is a concern, the options in android do exist.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
BB do secure android phones (like the dtek60). They work well with outlook too.

Google and apple aren't my friends, and personally I'd prefer the 950 but if security is a concern, the options in android do exist.

Security is one concern and the second concern is that it's from Google and requires google services which I don't use (except for the gmail account I had to make for my first smartphone that was Android, now I have an outlook.com account) and to my knowledge you can't get rid of them like you can do with Apple services on an iPhone.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Security is one concern and the second concern is that it's from Google and requires google services which I don't use (except for the gmail account I had to make for my first smartphone that was Android, now I have an outlook.com account) and to my knowledge you can't get rid of them like you can do with Apple services on an iPhone.

You can't fully remove google from android, or apple from iPhone. They will eat your babies in your sleep no matter what you do XD

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3