Andromeda, composable shell, feature2, upcoming feature updates

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
So piecing everything together:

1) MS said feature2 was splitting the branch for work on onecore. Split branches are typical for delaying features due to testing or work on other components.

2) We've recently been told features are coming in late summer (US). That could only really happen if the work one core was compete soon AFAIK.

3) Updates to continuum were supposed to come with CU. They didn't.

4) Weird little things have been noticed in the code, such as something called Andromeda (which IMO seems to be a device), and references to composable shell, AKA the fabled cshell

I think that the split branches will merge again soon (perhaps a month or two), after which mobile will then get a bunch of features that are already baked, and some more in the FCU.

I reckon because "Andromeda" code references two sets of accelerometers (left and right), that it must be a new device with two separate panels. Perhaps something like the business care style device in one of MS promos.

Its sort of strange putting all this together, these whispers and code fragments, as well as what development branches are generally for....something is going down for windows in general, and more is going down for mobile than people realize. I can't say what, but I sure am curious.

My hope is that these new late summer updates, mean that mobile is in store for some updates with the FCU, like timeline, that it might just get a fast second half of year, after a slow first one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett