the dead Goldfinger/Mclaren

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: nokia Goldfinger

Hey guys.... Daniel Rubino Just gave out a Whole Bunch of Goldfinger news...... This time it is codenamed Mclaren instead of Goldfinger (carrier variant)... And it features the 3d touch system And it has some pretty neat software features to compliment the awesome hardware... And it is going to release on ATT Verizon and T-Mobile.
And the best part, It is gonna release this year.... :)

Last edited:

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: nokia Goldfinger

Hey guys.... Daniel Rubino Just gave out a Whole Bunch of Goldfinger news...... This time it is codenamed Mclaren instead of Goldfinger (carrier variant)... And it features the 3d touch system And it has some pretty neat software features to compliment the awesome hardware... And it is going to release on ATT Verizon and Sprint...
And the best part, It is gonna release this year.... :)

5.2" qHD (2K) Screen, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805, 3D Touch, Lytro Camera.... ;)

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: nokia Goldfinger/Mclaren

My contract runs out in November so this will be my next phone. It sounds amazing. I just hope that Microsoft get a good weight and thickness on this device.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

New leaks from verge suggests that the 3d touch extends even to the sides of the phone.... means you can grip the phone to power it up..

Verge also suggests that the Gold Finger and Mclaren are different devices ... With the goldfinger being only an engineering device to prepare the developers for Mclaren

Kaushik Dash

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

New leaks from verge suggests that the 3d touch extends even to the sides of the phone.... means you With the goldfinger being only an engineering device to prepare the developers for Mclaren
What does that mean? Does it mean that the Goldfinger was just a prototype model that is being used by developers to prepare for McLaren and the McLaren is going to be the production version of the Goldfinger?

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

What does that mean? Does it mean that the Goldfinger was just a prototype model that is being used by developers to prepare for McLaren and the McLaren is going to be the production version of the Goldfinger?

Yes and No! I think that the Goldfinger is just going to be a prototype with just the 3d touch capabilities and the Mclaren Comes with all the bells and whistles such as Ultra Awesome Camera etc..

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

I think the McLaren may be the phone that will bring up the Ms market share, but much more importantly the mindshare. I could see myself using the touchless gestures, and showing it off to everyone I would see. Also considering this to be the Lumia 1020 sucessor, the whole package will be irresistible. I may have to drop my 1520 and get that phone, considering the specs this phone will have.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

I don't know why people keep saying its a 1020 successor. The 1020 is famous for the camera. We have no idea what's going into this new phone. If it doesn't have the same or better camera, its not a 1020 successor. It could be closer to the Icon/930 with 3D gestures, for all we know. It could be it's own model and not be a true successor to anything.

When people make assumptions that they think will lead to a purchase on technology that is so far away and mysterious, it just leads to disappointment.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I don't know why people keep saying its a 1020 successor. The 1020 is famous for the camera. We have no idea what's going into this new phone. If it doesn't have the same or better camera, its not a 1020 successor. It could be closer to the Icon/930 with 3D gestures, for all we know. It could be it's own model and not be a true successor to anything.

When people make assumptions that they think will lead to a purchase on technology that is so far away and mysterious, it just leads to disappointment.

I think the reason people are saying that is because the leaks hint at this.

From the verge it says,

"...we understand the device will largely be seen as a Lumia 1020 successor with a similar hump in the rear casing for a powerful camera."

I personally hope that it is a 1020 successor. But you're right, it is really far off. So I understand your complaint and concern.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I think Microkia assumed that the 1020 was not a huge success because it was literally a 920 with an ultra awesome camera.. It's specs and features were dated by the time it was released.. And it stripped inbuilt Qi.
It would only be wise of them to announce the 1020 successor with ultra modern specs and never-before-seen features...
A true flagship! And not a 930 with an awesome...er camera!

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I have a theory....

What if the goldfinger was supposed to be the 930 and the icon was supposed to release globally as the 929 but the OS was not ready for 3d touch?
Maybe that was the reason icon was delayed so much... May be Nokisoft was getting to release the goldfinger as 930 but couldn't do it because the OS was ready. So they cancelled the release of the 929 and split its release into icon and the 930. And they delayed the icon's release to announce it in a date near to that of the new 930[martini]..
And since they couldnt release the goldfinger as the 930 the next obvious choice was the 1030. So maybe they just put an ultraawesome camera behind the goldfinger's back and made it the 1030...aka Mclaren...

This is just a theory

shykhan16

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

I have a theory....

What if the goldfinger was supposed to be the 930 and the icon was supposed to release globally as the 929 but the OS was not ready for 3d touch?
Maybe that was the reason icon was delayed so much... May be Nokisoft was getting to release the goldfinger as 930 but couldn't do it because the OS was ready. So they cancelled the release of the 929 and split its release into icon and the 930. And they delayed the icon's release to announce it in a date near to that of the new 930[martini]..
And since they couldnt release the goldfinger as the 930 the next obvious choice was the 1030. So maybe they just put an ultraawesome camera behind the goldfinger's back and made it the 1030...aka Mclaren...

This is just a theory

That does sound like it could be true. After hearing all the rumors of the Mclaren I cannot wait to buy it, it sounds so amazing with the 3D touch and an amazing camera

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I know, it sounds amazing. I was going to get the icon but now I'm intrigued and therefore holding off. I think the thing that will help make it succeed is the that it will be launching on three major carriers instead of one. I hope it blows the competition away in all aspects, camera, screen, advanced features, you name it. It would be awesome if it had the surface design language. That would clinch it for me. Instant buy.

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I just found a concept render of the 1030 from the internet..

If you did a few seconds of research you'll find that the render you posted was done by "DAVDesigner" over at DeviantArt and was originally his fan concept for the "Lumia 960 Catwalk".

It's not a 1030 concept render. The picture is nearly a year old and has been reposted hundreds of times for every single new Nokia codename there is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintchip