Locally download Playlists

Depatter

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know the procedure to sync and download playlists locally to your phone. I can't believe there isn't a simple sync this playlist and not that one function, as well as a leave this in the cloud and download that function. It's like they chose to ignore the services that already exist and are getting it right...like Spotify and Rdio, and then they threw out the parts of Zune that worked for managing your personal library.The only thing we are left with is some sort of Pandora-lite. Social functions? We don't need no stinking social functions. I mean...who shares playlists in this day and age anyway.. I thought my grandpa retired, but apparently he is heading up the Xbox music effort. I am really....really disappointed. It wouldn't be so bad if Spotify and Rdio put some kind of effort into their windows phone apps, but unfortunately they don't.

ilabene

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I just figured recently if you want to sync Playlists to your phone WITH the music you have that is NOT in the Cloud. You have to make .m3u Playlist files. Very simply procedure, just add the music you want in the playlist in Windows Media Player, go to File > Save Now Playing List as... > Name the Playlist and save it as a .m3u.

WillBrown

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Windows 8 and am using the Windows Phone Desktop client (not the Windows Phone 8 app). It allows you to sync playlists and their songs to your phone.
I manage my playlists using the Zune software and new playlists show available for sync in the Windows Phone Desktop client. I have to test whether or not the autoplaylists update though.

I really hope Microsoft updates the sync utilities to at least the Zune software functionality level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa