How do you covert mp3s to a lower bit rate before syncing with W8/WP8?

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I have not started to sync music to my 820 yet. But I noticed that neither W8 sync app or the desktop program covert mp3s down to a lower bit rate before syncing like Zune did. Now am I just missing the setting for this? If not, what is the best way to do this for W8/WP8?

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Well I figured out that WMP will do the conversion, but to WMA. Which is fine, as I am more concerned with file size then format. Now on to the new issue of Xbox Music on the 820 deciding not seeing all the music for the past day or so. lol :eck:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Will doing this affect my music being synced to the cloud or to my phone? Cuz I am more of a cloud-streamer, since I'm on an 8X with only 10GB left

danbbrantley

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Digging up this thread to ask an absolutely idiotic question I assume...

Variable bit rates...not an issue on Windows Phones I assume? Wikipedia tells me most modern day devices support them, but I don't want to do any conversions prematurely in case we can't consider these devices "modern day"...

Please don't make fun of me :confused:

tgallipeau

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When I was syncing my music collection my Lumina 920 had no problems playing variable bit rate. I however moved to Xbox music as syncing was painful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium