We are unable to confirm the media usage rights for this content

millerdjam

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my Nokia 820; one day I randomly lost media rights for any songs I had downloaded. As someone else posted: From the "songs" list select "cloud collection" only. Play any song from the list, then switch back to "all" and try a song you've downloaded. Worked for me, hooray!

austinlewis

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
OK, all my songs are working now. They stopped when the free trial expired about a week ago. So, hopefully the same thing will happen for everyone else. Just give it a week. Now, if this happens every month, I will be frustrated to say the least.

Korvidal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem for several days after my free trial of xbox music expired and the billed period started. It was so irritating, I began to seriously regret getting a windows phone, especially after being kept on text chat by customer service for an hour (who had no idea what the problem was)! In the end I decided to take the plunge and fully reset my phone to factory conditions, it was a pain, but at least WP8 has a really decent automatic backup system! After this I could download music...and listen to it again on my phone :) So if you can't find a less drastic way of making it work, I guess a hard reset may solve the problem, it might be worth waiting for a few days before hand though, to see if it fixes it self, I imagine there may be several different causes of the problem. I'm not an expert on DRM but is seems as if the identity from the trial gets stuck to the phone and can't be replaced when the subscription is renewed, hence no music can be played as the keys don't match or something. I guess the full reboot fixes this by just resetting everything. I hope this fix works for everyone else :)

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep, also having this problem after my trial ended.. Yet another WP8 fail.. Love beta testing..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

shinichi_c00l

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I've found the culprit of this problem.

Sometimes the automatic date and time configuration makes the time and date messed up, therefore if the time/date and timezone are not right, the device can't connect to DRM servers, or if my analysis is right, that the DRM info is time/date stamped, so if the file played outside its specified time/date, it needs to re-sync to DRM servers to re-verify its permission.

The solution is fairly simple, you need to turn off your auto update time/date settings, and manually set the timezone, date and time. After its fixed, the downloaded file will play even you have no network connections, looks like the DRM info is stored in date/time basis.

I'm using Lumia 920, and this phone sometimes cannot wake up from sleep, then I have to soft-resets it by holding down vol-down+power button. after it boots up again, the time and date is always messed up. This is how I found the DRM problem and the solution.

PS :
- When you soft-resetting your phone, the time will always be messed up. It's best to set the date and time manually.
- Its best after fixing your date/time, you go to account settings and re-sync your Microsoft account.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I've found the culprit of this problem.

Sometimes the automatic date and time configuration makes the time and date messed up, therefore if the time/date and timezone are not right, the device can't connect to DRM servers, or if my analysis is right, that the DRM info is time/date stamped, so if the file played outside its specified time/date, it needs to re-sync to DRM servers to re-verify its permission.

The solution is fairly simple, you need to turn off your auto update time/date settings, and manually set the timezone, date and time. After its fixed, the downloaded file will play even you have no network connections, looks like the DRM info is stored in date/time basis.

I'm using Lumia 920, and this phone sometimes cannot wake up from sleep, then I have to soft-resets it by holding down vol-down+power button. after it boots up again, the time and date is always messed up. This is how I found the DRM problem and the solution.

PS :
- When you soft-resetting your phone, the time will always be messed up. It's best to set the date and time manually.
- Its best after fixing your date/time, you go to account settings and re-sync your Microsoft account.

I wish I could report positive news, but, this didn't work for me :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
This is a serious problem and no one on the xbox music customer service has any fix expect to reset your device and redownload all your music. I'm so frustrated how can they expect you to redownload 600 songs and then tell you there is no guarantee this won't happen again next month... I thought i would never say this but I can see why people like apple their stuff just works how it's supposed to.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft are making another monumental mess of Xbox Music. I have now got this issue and its incredibly frustrating.

Its as if they didn't bother to do any testing, just rolled it out without a care in the world.

I would encourage anyone tempted by Xbox music to wait, don't sign up for the trial and do not under any circumstances pay for a music pass, it simply doesn't work.

That's good advice for those aren't already subscribers... I have been for a while. Never had this issue when it was Zune pass. Hey Microsoft: IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft are making another monumental mess of Xbox Music. I have now got this issue and its incredibly frustrating.

Its as if they didn't bother to do any testing, just rolled it out without a care in the world.

I would encourage anyone tempted by Xbox music to wait, don't sign up for the trial and do not under any circumstances pay for a music pass, it simply doesn't work.

I've been a paying customer for about a year, and I agree. This is a complete unadulterated uncut train wreck!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you updated to portico? I havent heard directly but maybe a patch was included in that. I was having the issue and it went away with the fix I noted above in this thread. Seems like people are also having success with forcing a sync with their microsoft account as well.

My phone shipped with portico and I still encountered the issue.

DrChapatin

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem but discovered on accident that if I just go back to the song, after it gave me the error, it would start playing. Then I just had to do the same thing to next song.
I don't know why but it fixed it for the songs and everything else I've added since.

asmith02

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issue for me.

I contacted MS support via chat who advised that it is an issue with Nokia phones only.

She tried a few things including getting me to 'sync' my microsoft account, and also deleted my subscription completely then sent me a 1 month coupon code for activation.

None of this worked and the only solution given was to perform a hard reset - which I was not going to do as there is no true backup for WP8 - only a basic download same apps again feature.

Like some others on this thread though, I waited a few days and it just started working again. My access stopped working on 2 Feb and my subscription was due for renewal on 3 Feb. It started working today 6 Feb so took about 4 days.

Best of luck to others and yet another reason why I can't recommend this service to others - will just have to keep waiting for Spotify.

Owen Ye

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm facing this issue right now. My 30 days free-trial ended on Feb/16, and I've renewed it last week. All downloaded music were invalid now. I don't want to Wipe the phone cause there're so many apps and games need to re-download, and the profile in the apps and games won't get backed up. Someone told me that it will auto fix in few days. So I'm just waiting it "works" again.

Owen Ye

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Fortunately, these downloaded xbox music valid now. (So it took 2 days on waiting them back.) Just wait, no Wipe.

I'm facing this issue right now. My 30 days free-trial ended on Feb/16, and I've renewed it last week. All downloaded music were invalid now. I don't want to Wipe the phone cause there're so many apps and games need to re-download, and the profile in the apps and games won't get backed up. Someone told me that it will auto fix in few days. So I'm just waiting it "works" again.

Tainted Clone

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I've started getting this error message today. My 30 day trial runs out tomorrow (23rd) so i decided to renew today so i wouldn't get any loss of service (ha!). Now I can't play any downloaded songs and it seems that the best thing to do is just wait and it should sort itself out?. I don't fancy resetting the phone. Hopefully it does sort itself out and quickly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)