Retired Zine?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone retired their Zune yet? My 64GB model hasn't been used in months but I do miss the more "organized" experience compared to XBOX Music. I am being VERY patient with XBOX Music in hopes its kinks will be worked out (hopefully long before "BLUE."). I have the following on my XBOX Music Pass:

Zune 64GB
Zune 16GB (daughter)
Main PC
Laptop
Work PC
Phone (Lumia 920)

My workplace purchased me a Surface Pro 128 over the weekend from Best Buy (yes, I have my hands on one) so now I have to make a decision which device to drop off. I listen to music at work all day long and very often in the car with my Lumia 920. My daughter is 5 and I have her Zune loaded with kids music. And I like to fire up music on my laptop and main PC from time to time. So if I want "XBOX Music Pass" music on this new Surface, I'll have to drop a device and sadly, it is looking like my Zune 64GB is the target. I can still load it with Non-DRM music for sure for long trips...

Has anyone had to part with their beloved Zune yet?

TunaTank

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not I... I use my Zune HD every day in my truck... it stayed in there through many cold Fairbanks, Alaska winters, and always was faithful and chugged along, and still does in Flroida. I'm never going to part with my 32GB HD. I find its audio quality is superior to every phone I've ever used. What I REALLY want, is for Microsoft to release a Surface phone with the audio quality and form factor/style of my Zune HD, with a bigger screen of course. It's so pretty...

smontoya2

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking the same to myself. Once I get my WP8 aka "Laser" will my Zune get neglected. That depends on the storage size of the device. I too listen to music at work and have a dock to charge or watch vids on my lunch break. In your situation pick whichever you use the least. For me it would be my laptop.

Music Pass:

Zune HD 32gb
Zune HD 16gb - Daughter
Zune HD 16gb - Son
Laptop
Main PC
WP7 Trophy

Remember you can remove & add a different device every 30 days. I rotate devices for the kids every month so each can share this feature. Maybe try this with your daughters Zune (or least used device) & your Surface.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Can xbox music work a Zune device? Or can a Lumina 920 work with Zune?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Nothing beats my Zune HD for the gym. It's small, light, sturdy, has an FM radio, and great on battery. Can't say the same for my Lumia 810, which dropped 30% even on airplane mode.

And yes, Xbox music works on a Zune... It's just a rebranded Zune pass

Last edited:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for the typo in the thread title...great to hear your Zune stories...my workaround is moving my Daughter's device to my wife's XBOX Music pass...I assume I'd have to reload her Zune with the new DRM for my wife's XBOX Music pass...

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
We've retired two 4 and 8 gb Zunes. My 80GB from 2007 is still going strong, being used by my oldest daughter (who has an ip###e 5, but loves the Zune pass for music).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon